Dr. Jonathan Choy, Senior Medical Director, Virtual Care, Access, and Navigation,
Alberta Health Services
- 2019–2022 Digital Health Canada Board of Directors
- 2021–2023 CHIEF Advisory Committee Member
- 2019–2023 CHIEF Executive Forum member
- 2021 + 2023 e-Health presenter
- 2022 Webinar Wednesday presenter
- Digital Health Canada report author
- Podcast for Virtual Care Certificate
- Digital Health Canada Fellow 2023
Dr. Jonathan Choy has been practicing as a cardiologist and advanced echocardiographer in Edmonton since 2000. After completing an MBA in health care at UBC in 2014, he took on the role of Provincial Medical Director for Virtual Health, and is currently the Senior Medical Director for Virtual Care, Access and Navigation with AHS.
He has also served in various leadership roles including the Medical Director of Echocardiography at the Mazankowski Heart Institute, Section President for Cardiology, Alberta Medical Association, specialist representative to the Physician Compensation Committee, and Edmonton Zone representative for the AMA.
Nationally, he has been a Council member for the Canadian Cardiovascular Society for 5 years, and is currently on the Board of Directors for Digital Health Canada. In addition, he is the Associate Dean for Clinical Faculty at the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry at the University of Alberta.
Dr. Choy continues to contribute to growth of the Canadian Digital Health sector and brings a clinical perspective that ensure that advancements align to the needs of the providers and patients.