Hundreds of people annually practice lifelong learning through Digital Health Canada and our trusted Continuing Education Providers.
Digital Health Canada learning resources provide a unique understanding of the Canadian healthcare system and the critical topics underlying health informatics and the Certified Professional in Healthcare Information and Management Systems – Canada (CPHIMS-CA) credential. Learners elevate their professional skills; understand multiple applications; improve their expertise; understand the role of digital health; identify knowledge gaps; contribute to career growth; learn proper terminology; and prepare for the CPHIMS-CA credential exam.
- Virtual Care Certificate
- Enterprise Innovation Certificate
- Core Health Informatics Course Bundle (all modules)
- Core Health Informatics Module 1 – The Canadian Healthcare System
- Core Health Informatics Module 2 – Clinical and Health Services
- Core Health Informatics Module 3 – Information Management
- Core Health Informatics Module 4 – Information Technology
- Core Health Informatics Module 5 – Analysis and Evaluation
- Core Health Informatics Module 6 – Project Management
- Core Health Informatics Module 7 – Organizational and Behavioural Management
- Visit our Professional Development page or download a PDF copy of the Course Syllabus to learn more.
But it doesn’t stop there. Digital Health Canada actively seeks out alliances with professional organizations who share a common interest in ensuring that Canada’s health leaders have the skills, knowledge and education needed to contribute to Canada’s healthcare system through ongoing professional development and lifelong learning. Together, they will grow and extend the connections between communities of health leaders and digital health innovators and provide connections, content and other opportunities.
- Canadian College of Health Leaders
- Canadian Health Information Management Association
- College of Family Physicians of Canada Healthcare Innovation Rounds Webinars
- View the Event Calendar for a complete list of upcoming credentialed events.
Continuing Education Providers
Learners also rely on Digital Health Canada Continuing Education Providers, who meet high standards for curriculum quality and value and are recognized as official sources of Continuing Education (CE) hours to be used towards CPHIMS-CA credential renewal (CPHIMS-CA signifies that a professional has the skills, knowledge and abilities to perform safely and effectively in a broad range of practice settings). Certified individuals must renew their credential by earning 60 Continuing Education hours every three years from an approved education provider like the organizations featured here. Select any of the links below to learn more about current Continuing Education Providers and the content they offer toward CE hours.
- Microsoft Virtual Training Days
- Mohawk College FHIR North
- Nova Scotia Health Let’s Talk Informatics
- University of Windsor Continuing Education Health Informatics
- Learn more about becoming part of the Continuing Education Provider program here.
Start your individual or team learning journey with Digital Health Canada or one of our education partners today.
It’s Digital Health Week 2023! Join us as we celebrate the people enabling digital healthcare in Canada and #ThinkDigitalHealth. Download a calendar of events here.