Webinar Wednesday Healthcare Innovation Rounds – Virtual Assistants for All! Leveraging Automation and Artificial Intelligence in Primary Care
Our healthcare system requires modernization to improve health human resource capacity to provide high quality, equitable access to care for patients. In this session, we will discuss the digital tools that exist to reduce burden on clinicians and staff and enhance the care that is provided to patients.
- Welcome and intros (5 min);
- Presentation by speakers (with accompanying slides) (35 minutes);
- Participants interactive Q&A (questions and comments via chat feature and active moderation from professional webinar moderato) (10 minutes);
- Participant polling to engage and assess learning outcomes (to engage participants in the topic, contribute participant experiential data into the discussion) (10 minutes).
- Session close and participant survey sent via email follow-up (includes assessment and feedback on interactivity and participate engagement)
- To identify the digital health tools that are available to support clinicians to reduce administrative burden
- To describe how artificial intelligence is being used in healthcare
- To discuss what the future opportunities are to leverage automation and artificial intelligence
Dr. Mohamed Alarakhia
CEO, eHealth Centre of Excellence
Dr. Mohamed Alarakhia is a Family Physician at the Centre for Family Medicine Family Health TeamRead More
Dr. Mohamed Alarakhia is: a Family Physician at the Centre for Family Medicine Family Health Team, CEO of the eHealth Centre of Excellence, Assistant Clinical Professor at McMaster University, Adjunct Professor, University of Waterloo and
Faculty Digital Health and Innovation Lead at McMaster University, Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine (Waterloo Campus). Dr. Alarakhia was awarded the Digital Health Executive of the Year Award in 2019 and the College of Family Physicians of Canada Award of Excellence in 2018 and 2022. Dr. Alarakhia and the eHealth Centre of Excellence won the Innovation Award in 2022 from the Greater Kitchener Waterloo Chamber of Commerce. The eHealth Centre of Excellence received a Canadian Medical Association Joule Innovation Grant and an AFHTO Team Award in 2020, as well as a Patient Care Innovation Team Award at the 2019 Canadian Health Informatics Awards and a 2019 Ingenious Award from Information Technology Association of Canada.Read Less