Guidelines for CHIEF Executive Forum membership
Membership in CHIEF Executive Forum is for individuals who influence or set the direction for IM/IT/HI clinical decision-making in the healthcare community; members are usually the highest-ranking executive responsible for Information Technology, Information Management, or Health Informatics.
Included among our members are those who oversee major divisions/areas within a large health services or corporate healthcare-related organization or region and are responsible for policy, strategy, delivery, or key provider groups as well as senior healthcare IT leaders, senior healthcare strategy professionals, and industry leaders.Member sectors/organizations
- Federal entity (CEO)
- Provincial ministry
- Public healthcare agency
- Health services delivery organization
- Hospital/acute care facility
- Ambulatory facility
- Primary care and/or home healthcare
- Specialty hospital or service (e.g. Paediatrics, Geriatrics, Cancer, Mental Health)
- National or provincial association representing key provider groups
- Non-governmental organization (NGO)
The healthcare community includes delivery systems, payor/insurance organizations, clinics, provider groups, diagnostic facilities, and other healthcare-related organizations. Because of the rapidly changing healthcare landscape, these criteria serve as primary guidelines which may evolve as industry and IS strategies change.
- Highest ranking IM/IT/HI/Innovation/Analytics/Digital Health Executive
- CHIEF Medical Information Officer
- Chief Nursing Information Officer
- Regional, market area, or facility level IM/IT/HI Innovation/Analytics/Digital Health Executive responsible for overall service delivery and budget accountability
- IT executives who are not corporate CIOs but have regional or facility-level CIOs reporting directly to them OR Corporate Senior IT Executives.
- Has overall IT leadership responsibility. Additional duties may include telecommunications, medical records, management engineering, innovation, analytics.
- Leads organization’s IT strategy
Contact Digital Health Canada today to inquire about CHIEF Membership.