We are excited to share information about the upcoming 9th Digital Mental Health International Congress, a world-class event set to take place in Ottawa, Canada, on September 19-20, 2024.
Hosted by the eMental Health International Collaborative (eMHIC) in collaboration with the Mental Health Commission of Canada, the Congress is a must-attend for mental health professionals seeking to stay current with national and global best practices in digital mental health. The Congress showcases the effective implementation of digital technologies, offering valuable assistance to clients beyond traditional sessions, enhancing the impact of face-to-face care, and providing a tangible solution to the global mental health crisis.
- Congress Dates: September 19 – 20, 2024
- Networking Dinner: September 19 (evening)
- Location: Shaw Centre, Ottawa, Canada; and Online
- Congress Theme: “Digital Building Capacity: 24/7 Mental Health Support for All”
- Register: Registration Link
Who Will Be There:
The Digital Mental Health International Congress is widely recognized as the premier event in advancing digital mental health. Your in-person attendance will grant you the opportunity to meet and hear from leading Canadian researchers, administrators, and commissioners of mental health systems from provincial governments across Canada. Engage with influential lived experience leaders, clinicians, and innovators driving cutting-edge developments in the digital mental health landscape in Canada, alongside distinguished professionals from around the world. This includes international mental health administrators, clinicians, researchers, healthcare IT experts, and esteemed global NGOs such as UNICEF and the WHO.
This year, an unprecedented number of government representatives from 18 countries across North America, Europe, Asia, and Oceania will be in attendance, marking a global shift towards seamlessly integrating digital technologies into mainstream care systems.
What You’ll Learn About:
- Global Government Initiatives: Examining the diverse strategies, policies, and frameworks being implemented worldwide to integrate digital mental health into national systems of care.
- National Initiatives and Best Practices: Be inspired by case studies from Canada, showcasing the most successful national initiatives and strategies, maximizing digital solutions to effectively support our population.
- Indigenous Perspectives: Explore how digital mental health can leverage valuable insights from First Nations, Inuit, and Métis communities, showcasing examples of digital solutions effectively co-created to meet their specific needs.
- The Future of Mental Health Delivery: Understand how clinicians are embracing digital tools as integral components of patient care, shaping the future of mental health delivery.
- Enhancing Health Service Capacities: Explore the potential of digital solutions to increase the capacity of health services, addressing the growing needs of populations, and discover the steps toward achieving this goal.
- Eliminating Prejudice and Stigma: Examine established and emerging digital approaches aimed at eliminating mental health prejudice and stigma.
- Lived Experience Perspectives: Gain crucial insights from lived experience advocates, contributing to the development of safe and effective digital solutions that truly resonate with end-users.
- Effective Helplines: Discover highly effective case studies of text and phone helplines, showcasing their impact in supporting countless individuals in times of need.
- Innovative Digital Products: Explore examples of innovative products pushing the digital frontier and significantly improving mental health outcomes on a large scale.
- Ethical and Legal Considerations: Understand the ethical and legal considerations that are vital to the safe and responsible delivery of digital mental health solutions.
- Support for Remote and Rural Populations: Learn about the ways in which digital solutions can provide essential support to remote and rural populations, addressing unique challenges in mental health access.
…and much more!
This year’s theme, “Digital Building Capacity: 24/7 Mental Health Support for All,” offers a highly practical and implementation-focused perspective on the transformative impact of digital health technologies. It emphasizes the critical need to build capacity within the mental health workforce globally, ensuring round-the-clock support for every individual.
For further details about the Congress, including the agenda, speakers, and registration information, please visit the 2024 Congress Website. If you are attending from outside of Ottawa, eMHIC has secured a limited number of accommodation options near the venue, accessible through a unique booking link for your convenience. For those unable to attend in person, online attendance is also available via eMHIC’s interactive event platform.
For any inquiries, please reach out to the eMHIC team at email@example.com.