Apply to become a Digital Health Canada Faculty Member
If you are a Digital Health Canada member and CPHIMS-CA credential holder, please fill out the online application form at the link below.About our Core Health Informatics Education
Digital Health Canada Core Health Informatics (HI) Education has been delivered to individuals from more than 90 organizations across Canada. More than 500 healthcare, IT and management professionals have participated, representing more than 6,500 educational hours. Hundreds of Core HI students have sat for the CPHIMS-CA exam and successfully achieved their credential.
Digital Health Canada education and certification programs are the first cross-disciplinary programs to be developed with volunteer health informatics experts and leaders operating in a variety of professional settings: healthcare organizations, provincial/national government agencies, vendors, consultants, and academia. These volunteer experts populate the Digital Health Canada Faculty and are the backbone of the Core HI Education program.
Digital Health Canada actively recruits industry leaders from across Canada to contribute both expert content and experienced instruction of Core HI principals.
- Volunteers interested in Education Development focus on creating content for the Canadian Supplemental (CA) Exam, the CA Exam Guide, or for Digital Health Canada’s Core HI courses—HI professional education and certification is vital to the evolution of a dynamic healthcare system, and Digital Health Canada Faculty continuously update course and exam content to reflect changes in the digital health industry.
- Those interested in Education Instruction teach—either in-person or online—the material they know best (topics are listed on our Application Form) a minimum of two times within a six month period.
Benefits of volunteering as a Digital Health Canada Faculty include:
- Personal and professional development opportunities as a speaker and industry thought leader committed to knowledge transfer and domain expertise
- Facilitating best practices and improving staff knowledge by fostering collaboration
- Fostering a learning environment that promotes mentorship internally and enhances relationships between staff members
- Providing tools that nurture unique viewpoints and promote innovation
- Deploying a common learning and development approach that will contribute to accelerated program launches (internal and external) based on organizational knowledge
- Receive continuing education hours for the maintenance of your CPHIMS-CA credential