Virtual Care in Canada: Snapshots of Innovative Virtual Care (November 2019) – Where are we today with innovations in virtual care in Canada? What are some of our most interesting and inspiring Canadian virtual care case studies? And what can we learn from organizations who have successfully adopted virtual care technologies to improve their health services offerings? In late 2018, Digital Health Canada set out to answer these questions by striking the Virtual Care Community of Action (CoA), a community of virtual care subject matter experts tasked to gather information and publish a white paper showcasing virtual care success stories from across the country. This paper is the distillation of case studies gathered from Digital Health Canada community members, highlighting the lessons learned during the implementation of these programs.
Virtual Care Community of Action Members:
- Bailey Griffin, Accenture (Lead Author and Project Lead)
- Nancy Gabor, ClearView Group (Contributing Author)
- Mona Mattei, White Oak Ventures Limited (Contributing Author)
- Selena Davis, University of Victoria, Doctors of BC & Kootenay Boundary Division of Family Practice (Editor)
- Jennette Leung, TELUS Health (Editor)
- Krista Anderson, Nova Scotia Health Authority
- Valerie Ashworth, Vancouver Island Health Authority
- Karam Bains, Ontario Telemedicine Network
- Lynn Campbell, Manitoba eHealth
- Mary Deren, Saskatchewan Health Authority
- Jason Huehn, Optimus SBR
- Andrea Lee, Hamilton Health Sciences
- Shelley Morris, Ontario Telemedicine Network
Members*, download your copy of Virtual Care in Canada: Snapshots of Innovative Virtual Care today!
*Not yet a member? Join Digital Health Canada to enjoy free white papers and other member benefits today!