COACH: Canada’s Health Informatics Association and the Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN) are pleased to have partnered in the publication of Profiles in Virtual Care Delivery – Lessons learned from organizations transforming healthcare practice through clinical innovation, which presents instructive real-world examples of virtual care implementation in a variety of practice settings.
Research and writing took place over the spring, summer and autumn of 2016, and was made possible by the tremendous expertise and dedication of the members of a core working group. COACH and OTN gratefully acknowledge these volunteers:
- Michelle Aspden, Provincial Lead, Oncology, Palliative & Renal Programs, Ontario Telemedicine Network
- Bobby Gheorghiu, Benefits Realization Leader, Adoption & Evaluation, Canada Health Infoway
- Sanjeev Goel, Lead Physician & Founder, Health Quality Innovation Collaborative
- Andre Kushniruk, Director & Professor, School of Health Information Science, University of Victoria
- Darren Larsen, Chief Medical Information Officer, OntarioMD
- Margarita Loyola, Manager, Centre for Telehealth, Island Health
- Philippe Lubino, Hospital Director, Chisasibi Regional Hospital
- Angela Nickoloff, Clinical Innovation Lead, Ontario Telemedicine Network
- Gwendolyne Nyhof, Manager, Telehealth Programs, MBTelehealth
- Peter Rossos, Chief Medical Information Officer & Staff Gastroenterologist, University Health Network
- Mike Spelliscy, Vice-President, Business Engineering, CGI
- Eyrin Tedesco, Director, Clinical eHealth Initiatives, First Nations Health Authority
- Carol McFarlane, Senior Strategy Lead, Ontario Telemedicine Network (Core Working Group Co-Chair)
- Grant Gillis, Core Working Group Co-Chair
- Carina Andreatta, Secretariat
COACH and OTN also thank the 2016 eHealth Conference Sunday Symposium workshop attendees for their invaluable input and feedback on the draft components of the White Paper.
Finally, both organizations thank their staff for their stewardship of the White Paper from concept to publication: Carol McFarlane, Grant Gillis, Carina Andreatta, Ellen Kaross, Payam Pakravan, and Brent Farrell.