Guidelines for the Protection of Health Information Special Edition: Privacy & Security for Patient Portals
This publication offers refreshed content reflecting changes in legislation and increased experience with patient portal since the first edition was released in 2012, plus more references to contemporary technologies, including mobile solutions, smartphones and apps. Published as part of the Guidelines for the Protection of Health Information Series, it addresses the distinct privacy and security issues associated with secure, controlled computerized pathways between a patient and his/her health information.
Covering design, implementation and management, the content includes:
– The healthcare context for privacy and security;
– Functional models of portals, stratifying them by use cases and functionality;
– Participative care plans, complex scheduling, financial management;
– Canadian privacy legislation, including legislative variations by jurisdiction;
– The 10 principles of the Canadian Standards Association Model Code.