The Steven Huesing Scholarship honours the contributions our founding president made to the industry.
The scholarship was established in 1999 to reflect the spirit, dedication and innovation that our founding president brought to the field of health informatics (HI). The scholarship consists of a cash honorarium of $1,000; a one-year Digital Health Canada Student Membership; and a student registration for the next e-Health Conference and Tradeshow.
Eligibility: Scholarship applications are accepted from any student currently enrolled in a Health Informatics or related program at an accredited post-secondary institution. The applicant should be of sound academic standing, demonstrate active involvement and achievement in HI, and show how his/her educational work has made a recognized contribution to advancing the thinking in HI.
The following must be submitted with the application: transcript of marks; assessment by an academic advisor; proof of enrolment in and current attendance at a recognized Canadian post-secondary institution in a HI or related program; and description of the applicant’s involvement and achievements in health informatics (written submission of 500 words).
Nominations will open in Fall 2022Previous winners
- 2021: Brian Fung Lo, University of Toronto, and Amr Farghali, University of Victoria
- 2020: Michael Edmonds, University of Regina
- 2019: Lydia Sequeira, University of Toronto
- 2018: Payal Agarwal, Innovation Fellow at Women’s College Hospital Institute for Health System Solutions and Virtual Care
- 2017: Janessa Griffith, MSc., Institute of Medical Science and Women’s College Hospital Institute for Health System Solutions and Virtual Care
- 2016: Gurprit Randhawa, PhD Candidate in Health Informatics, University of Victoria
- Helen Monkman, 2014 Graduate
- Alex Lee, 2012 Undergraduate
- Samuel Stewart, 2012 Graduate
- Thivaher Paromsothy, 2011 Undergraduate
- Justin St. Maurice, 2011 Graduate
- Ashley Wilson, 2010 Undergraduate
- Pavel Roshanov, 2010 Graduate
- Mu-Hsing (Alex) Kuo, 2009
- Tracey Fisher, 2008
- Dr. Samina Raza Abidi, 2007
- Katrina Hurley, 2006
- Elizabeth Borycki, 2005
- Warren Winkleman, 2004
- Craig Kuziemsky, 2003
- Katherine Reed, 2002
- Shaina Hood, 2001
- Julie Kim, 2000