Date Posted: March 20, 2019
Organization: Digital Health Canada
Position Title: Emerging Professional Volunteer, 2019 CHIEF Spring Symposium
Date closed: April 30, 2019
CPHIMS-CA: Not Required
Level: Emerging Professional (in the first five years of your career)
Digital Health Canada offers membership in Canada’s Health Informatics Executive Forum (CHIEF) – an interactive, trusted environment for senior professionals and leaders in digital health and healthcare. CHIEF Members collaborate, exchange best practices, address professional development needs, and offer their expertise in setting the agenda for the effective use of information management to improve health and healthcare in Canada.
We are currently seeking three Emerging Professional members to volunteer at the 2019 CHIEF Spring Symposium in Toronto on May 24 and 25, 2019. Read more about the Spring Symposium here.
Reporting to the Digital Health Canada Event Manager, each Volunteer will attend selected sessions at the Spring Symposium in order to take notes and generate a summary of key topics, discussion points, comments, and recommendations that will form the basis for development of a discussion paper, report, or white paper.
- Emerging Professional in the first five years of a healthcare, healthcare information, or health-related IT career
- Current Digital Health Canada membership
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional demeanour
- Available to attend the Spring Symposium on May 24 (9-4) and May 25 (9-2)
- Able to take notes and present a completed summary document to Digital Health Canada in a timely manner
- Ongoing occasional availability to assist in the develop of a discussion paper, report, or white paper based on your summary notes
- Did not volunteer at the 2018 Fall Symposium
- Free registration to an exclusive industry event reserved for senior professionals
- Listen and learn as public and private sector industry leaders engage in high-level discussions that help set the direction for IM/IT/HI clinical decision-making in the healthcare community
- Networking opportunities, both at the Symposium and as a contributor to the development of a post-Symposium publication
- Opportunity to have your name included as a contributor to an industry publication
Interested Emerging Professional members may apply by sending a resume to events@digitalhealthcanada. Please include “2019 Spring Symposium Volunteer” in the subject line of your email.