Date Posted: March 1, 2019
Organization: Fraser Health
Position Title: Vice President, Technology, Informatics & Analytics
Location: Lower Mainland, BC
Domain: Information Technology
Fraser Health is one of five regional health authorities in British Columbia and the largest in the province, working together with the Ministry of Health to provide high quality, appropriate, and timely health services to more than 1.8 million people living in communities stretching from Burnaby to White Rock to Hope. With over 26,000 employees, 2,900 physicians, and more than 6,000 volunteers, Fraser Health manages 12 acute care hospitals, 7,760 residential care beds, an outpatient care and surgery centre, as well as various supports for as public, community, mental health and home health care services.
The communities served by Fraser Health are culturally and geographically diverse including approximately 30,000 First Nations residents, new Canadians, and refugees. The health authority operates its services and facilities on Coast Salish land – a collective term for the 32 First Nations across its region. In addition, Fraser Health engages in many partnerships including its foundations and auxiliaries, the Fraser Valley Regional Hospital District, volunteers, and Divisions of Family Practice for the purposes of better delivering, planning, and transforming its health care services and programs.
To learn more, please visit Fraser Health’s website.
The Opportunity: Vice President, Technology, Informatics & Analytics
The Vice President, Technology, Informatics & Analytics (“VP”) provides senior executive leadership for Fraser Health’s IM/IT, analytics, and informatics portfolios, as well as Integrated Protection Services. This includes the planning and operational leadership for enterprise-wide integration of information management to support clinical programs across Fraser Health.
The VP liaises with Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) consolidated services on the provision of information technology services to Fraser Health, and for representing the interests of Fraser Health as it pertains to the Lower Mainland consolidated laboratory services administered by PHSA, Biomedical Engineering and Health Information Management administered by Providence Healthcare, and the diagnostic medical imaging administered by Vancouver Coastal Health Authority.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a visionary, progressive technology leader to drive the transformation of BC’s largest health authority, enabling evidence-based decision making across the enterprise.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Master’s degree in health services or business management supplemented with fifteen or more years’ experience leading and implementing enterprise-wide knowledge management and information technology strategies; including at least five years at the senior management level of a large complex organization involving health care management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of legislation, public policies, and issues related to health care;
- Demonstrated experience in management of large-scale information technology projects; budget preparation and management of financial resources including immediate and long-term plans;
- Demonstrated experience in knowledge management initiatives that includes identification of people and cultural issues; experience in shaping an organizational environment that values an individual’s knowledge;
- Demonstrated experience shaping initiatives that encourage people to share information and knowledge;
- Demonstrated knowledge of accreditation standards and experience in the accreditation process.
Dave Namkung, Nicholas Lay, or Tony Kirschner
Leaders International Executive Search
#880 – 609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Phone: (604) 688-8422