Date Posted: January 30, 2019
Organization: Kootenay Boundary Hospital
Position Title: Telehealth Analyst
Location: Trail, British Columbia
Domain: Clinical Health Services
Do you have IT experience in a healthcare setting and an understanding of project management methodology?
Interior Health is currently recruiting for a permanent, full-time Telehealth Analyst at the Kootenay Boundary Hospital in Trail, BC, and we could be looking for you! In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Telehealth Analyst evaluates, plans, implements, tests, maintains and supports information systems which support clinical and health information needs throughout Interior Health in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards. This position provides consultative support and training to regional users of software applications.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
The Clinical Informatics Analyst II will be responsible for clinical and health information systems throughout the software life cycle.
- Conducting requirements analysis/needs assessments for a defined department/program area by conducting user interviews, assessing information flows, and understanding business processes.
- Liaises with members of the assigned areas/departments and software vendors to troubleshoot problems, assess priority, research and evaluate alternatives and implement recommendations.
- Determines ongoing information needs, implements system changes and provides support related to clinical and health information software applications.
- Serves as the primary contact person for assigned clinical service area(s) regarding software applications.
- Develops proposals for modification and/or enhancement of vendor software applications and liaises with vendors to oversee installation, testing and problem resolution/debugging of program coding.
- Participates in the development of department standards, methods and procedures.
- Designs, develops, implements and evaluates computerized software dictionaries, databases and reports using vendor software applications.
- Plans, implements and evaluates educational training requirements and provides related training to meet the learning needs of users within the areas/departments with respect to (a) education of new users and (b) the continuing education of users regarding system upgrades and new technology.
- Provides informational input and expertise during acquisition of products and services and during development of department project plans, project priorities and tactical plans as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum and create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team! Come and join us! Every Person Matters.
Education, Training and Experience:
Graduation from a recognized degree or diploma program in Computer Science plus two years’ recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.