Competition #: 01925695
Employee Type: PERMANENT FULL TIME
Bargaining Unit: HEU
Facility: KELOWNA WAREHOUSE (REIDS)
Department: IH CORE TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
Reports To: MANAGER CTS
Hourly Wage: $41.93
Close Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Interior Health is looking for an experienced Technical Support Analyst to join the Core Technology Services group on a full time permanent basis.
What we offer
-Employee & Family Assistance Program
-Employer paid training/education opportunities
-Employer paid vacation
-Medical Services Plan
-Employer paid insurance premiums
-Extended health & dental coverage
-Municipal Pension Plan
About the job
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Core Technology Services (CTS), Support Analyst participates in the evaluation, planning, development, implementation, testing, maintenance and support of, server, storage, virtualization, and associated infrastructure technologies throughout the Interior Health Authority. The Core Technology Services (CTS), Support Analyst will provide technical and consultative support and training to end-users and departmental staff within Interior Health where appropriate.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
Provides technical support and consultation, participates in the development, design, implementation and systems administration for Interior Health on server, storage, virtualization, and associated infrastructure technology systems using project management methodologies; consults with client departments to meet related individual and corporate requirements.
- Installs, configures, modifies and tests server, storage, virtualization, and associated infrastructure technologies to ensure efficient operation and usage of the integrated computing environment.
- Participates in the use of enterprise management systems for imaging and deployment of various software programs, updates and critical patches.
- Consults with client departments and other IMIT personnel and evaluates server, storage, virtualization, and associated infrastructure technology system requirements. Develops, test and maintains server, storage, virtualization, and associated infrastructure technologies from specifications and change requests, identifying problems and recommending alternatives to ensure requirements are streamlined and achieved.
- Conducts and/or participates in the evaluation of new technologies, hardware, software and utilities by reviewing and analyzing vendor supplied hardware/software, working closely and communicating with vendor technical personnel and determining optimum system configuration required for the specific application. Analyzes changes and enhancements to hardware/software by assessing the impact on existing systems and also for new system implementations.
- Develops, implements and maintains user and technical operating documentation, procedures and guidelines for server, storage, virtualization, and associated infrastructure technologies.. Provides training to IMIT technical personnel and end-users by planning, coordinating and preparing instructional materials and providing in-service training.
- Acts as a third line support person for problem calls as required; trouble-shoots software and hardware problems; liaises and refers to other IMIT staff or vendors as appropriate to ensure that issues are resolved in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Maintains working knowledge of current tools and techniques used in the information technology environment by methods such as researching on the Internet, technical journals, and industry related materials, meeting with vendors, identifying and planning for the impacts of future change.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience
Grade 12, graduation from a recognized two year computer systems technology diploma plus three years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to type.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.