The eHealth Centre of Excellence (eCE) develops, implements and advances digital health tools and services to better serve patients and clinicians across Ontario. The eCE advocates for the continued and improved use of technology to enhance the connection and relationship clinicians and patients have with each other and with the Ontario and Regional healthcare system. The eCE meets our goals by supporting the deployment of digital health technologies such as eReferral, eConsult, Virtual Visits, Tablets, EMR best practice tools, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), along with collaborative partnerships with regional and provincial agencies. Critical to the success of eHealth initiatives is working with system partners to support priorities that ensure the best care for patients. The eCE’s founding vision is one of innovation and partnership, with a mission to be the leading, trusted, digital health partner for primary care and integrated patient care.
About the role
The Technical Business Analyst will play a key role in supporting digital health initiatives in the province. The Technical Business Analyst will engage and work with multiple stakeholders to identify and solve business issues and document business rules which direct and constrain successful implementation. This role requires a strong ability to critically evaluate the information identified and present this information with an appropriate level of detail. This position will work with the Project Lead and the project team to ensure the successful delivery of all project activities.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Facilitate workshops with external stakeholders (i.e. clinicians) to understand the end-to-end workflows
- Information gathering activities such as surveying, analyzing and evaluating processes, products and services, by using a variety of internal and/or external data
- Work closely with the project team to ensure business and functional requirements are accurately mapped
- Create and document the overall testing strategy, document use cases and conduct testing activities
- Tracking risks and issues, reporting and deliverables management
- Support go-live and implementation activities in collaboration with the project team, document lessons learned and present findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner
- Work with the project team to support stakeholders with identification of risks and issues
- Responsible for the collection, analysis and documentation of business issues
- Ensure that all clinical/business components of the work plan are successfully achieved
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in a related field
- Minimum of 3 years in health care or health informatics in an analyst position
- Lean Six Sigma certification an asset
- Previous experience with enabling technologies and digital health within Ontario, including a solid understanding of electronic medical records (EMRs)
- Experience in gathering business requirements and workflow mapping
- Experience with preparing reports and ensuring the quality of reports and data
- Strong coordination and communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Strong proficiency with Excel and SharePoint, as well as proficiency with other Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience with SalesForce or other CRM
- Some travel within Ontario may be required
If this position is of interest to you, please send your cover letter and resume to: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel like you don’t meet all the requirements? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to learn the rest, we encourage you to reach out to us!
The eHealth Centre of Excellence team is a respectful and inclusive workplace. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com for assistance.
The eHealth Centre of Excellence team is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including, 2SLGBTQ-identified persons, persons with disabilities, First Nations, Inuit and Métis individuals, and members of Black and other racialized communities, and individuals who speak languages other than English.
We thank all interested applicants; however, due to the volume of resumes we receive only those selected for an interview will be contacted.