Job Title: Technical Business Analyst
Organization: eHealth Centre of Excellence
Location: Kitchener, ON
Job Type: Full-time
The eHealth Centre of Excellence (eCE) develops, implements, and advances digital health tools and services – such as eReferral, eConsult, Virtual Care, Online Appointment Booking, Patient Forms, EMR Tools, and Automated Solutions – to better serve clinicians and patients across the province. We advocate for the continued and improved use of technology to enhance the connection and secure information-sharing between all clinicians in the patient’s circle of care, as well as communication between clinicians and their patients. We also support clinicians with tools that provide decision support at the point of care and improve data quality, leading to enhanced outcomes for patients.
The eCE works collaboratively with system partners, regional and provincial agencies, Ontario Health Teams, clinicians, and patients to support priorities that ensure equitable, seamless care for all residents in Ontario, and co-leads two provincial programs: the Ontario eServices Program and Evidence2Practice (E2P) Ontario. Our founding vision is one of innovation and partnership, and our mission is to be the leading, trusted digital health partner for primary care and integrated patient care.
About the role
Reporting to the Director, Architecture and Standards, the Technical Business Analyst will work with project teams, system vendors and end users to help advance digital health initiatives in the province. As a member of the Ontario eServices integrations team, the Technical Business Analyst will engage and work with clinical, business, and technical stakeholders to gather and document requirements for system integration projects, contribute to the development of project documentation, test solutions, and troubleshoot and solve issues that arise before and after solutions go into production. This role requires an analyst with prior experience working on integration projects and some knowledge of health information exchange standards to work with technical and non-technical staff and stakeholders to understand integration requirements, to review technical and non-technical documentation, to critically evaluate information and to present information in different formats to different stakeholders at an appropriate level of detail. This position will work alongside other members of various project teams to ensure the successful delivery of system integration projects.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Facilitate workshops with external stakeholders (i.e.: clinicians and vendors) to understand and document end-to-end workflows that involve integrations of different software applications
- Conduct requirements gathering activities such as end user surveys, workflow analysis, research, documentation reviews and data analysis
- Work closely with stakeholders and project team members to ensure business and functional requirements are accurately captured, documented, and mapped to existing product functionality or new design elements
- Create and manage project documentation including requirements documentation, test strategies and test cases
- Plan and conduct testing activities with solution developers, vendors, and end users
- Troubleshoot issues that emerge during testing and in live systems to help identify root cause of issues and potential solutions
- Support tracking of project risks and issues
- Support go-live and implementation activities in collaboration with the project team, document lessons learned and present findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in health informatics or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years working in a health care setting or health informatics role as an analyst
- Previous experience with enabling technologies and digital health within Ontario, including a solid understanding of electronic medical records (EMRs)
- Previous experience working on projects that involve integrations between Electronic Medical Records (EMR), Case Management Systems (CMS) and/or Hospital Information Systems (HIS)
- Working knowledge of health information exchange standards including HL7 FHIR
- Experience working with information represented in XML, JSON, and markdown languages
- Experience in gathering business and technical requirements and workflow mapping
- Experience with preparing reports and ensuring the quality of reports and data
- Strong coordination and communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Strong proficiency with Excel and SharePoint, as well as proficiency with other Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Some travel within Ontario may be required
If this position is of interest to you, please apply via our Careers Website.
Feel like you don’t meet all the requirements? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to learn the rest, we encourage you to reach out to us!
The eHealth Centre of Excellence team is a respectful and inclusive workplace. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
The eHealth Centre of Excellence team is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including, 2SLGBTQ-identified persons, persons with disabilities, First Nations, Inuit and Métis individuals, and members of Black and other racialized communities, and individuals who speak languages other than English.
We thank all interested applicants; however, due to the volume of resumes we receive only those selected for an interview will be contacted.