Date Posted: March 25, 2019
Organization: Canada Health Infoway
Position Title: Standards SME
Location: Toronto, Montreal (preferred), remote welcome
Domain: Canadian Health System
Report to: Director, Interoperability Standards
Department: Digital Health Engagement and Marketing
Infoway helps to improve the health of Canadians by working with partners to accelerate the development, adoption and effective use of digital health across Canada. Through our investments, we help deliver improved quality and access to care, and more efficient delivery of health services for patients and clinicians. Infoway is an independent, not-for-profit organization funded by the federal government.
Responsible for the development and implementation of terminology deliverables to support development, implementation, maintenance, education and training, and conformance of standards.
Provides standards and terminology expertise, including the following reference terminologies: SNOMED CT, LOINC, UCUM and HL7 code systems to Canada Health Infoway and Canadian stakeholders
- Provides support for the maintenance and publication of the Canadian Extension/Edition of SNOMED CT (English and French)
- Provides support for the appropriate dispensation (develop, maintain, publish) of SNOMED CT RFCs as required
- Provides primary support for all aspects of annual subset review and maintenance
- Responsible for all Clinical LOINC RFC’s and required support (nursing, DI, CDA etc.)
- Responsible for UCUM support
- Provides secondary support for the maintenance and publication of the pCLOCD (English and French)
- Provides secondary support for the appropriate dispensation of all pCLOCD RFCs as required
- Provides subset lifecycle support as required to Infoway and Canadian implementations
- Provides support for SC code systems (SCPQUAL and SCPTYPE)
- Provides support for HL7 code systems
- Provides product guidance to standards development and implementation projects.
- Assists in establishing and operationalizing the needs and priorities for standards adoption
- Provides support, advice and guidance on reference terminologies to the field as required (general standards guidance, not domain specific expertise)
- Participates in the maintenance of standards
- Develops policies and guidelines for issues related to standards
- Participates in the Standards Community meetings as required to provide standards expertise
- Participates in the development of education materials as required
- Provides customised training and demonstration to meet the needs of different audiences
- Supports the testing, development, implementation, training and maintenance of Infoway tools
- Liaises with internal and external stakeholders as required
- Expert in Infoway tooling usage to support internal and external activities and/or projects
- Builds relationships and collaborates with business units across the organization to accomplish key accountabilities
- Develops standards related deliverables to support interoperability
- Educates stakeholders and other healthcare informatics professionals about the use of standards
- Represents pan-Canadian needs at national and international standards forums
- Responds to standard related questions from users. (emails, telephone and face-to-face).
- Creates or participates in creation of Canadian content to accommodate Canadian implementation project and operational work
- Enhances the core standards by facilitating requests for change to the appropriate Standards Development Organization
- Undergraduate Degree/ Diploma in Business Administration, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field
- MBA or MSc is an asset
- Expert working and knowledge of SNOMED CT, LOINC, UCUM and HL7 code systems.
- Significant experience working with standards development in complex enterprise information systems, ideally in the healthcare industry
- Experience in implementing and working with health-related terminologies,
- Knowledge of large scale enterprise wide system architecture, development and deployment principles and practices
- Knowledge of terminology, messaging and interoperability standards
- Knowledge of standards development, implementation, maintenance and conformance governance and processes and tooling.
- Experience in a Healthcare facility or clinical field.
- Bilingual skills (French and English) are an asset
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time
If you are interested in the position, please submit your resume.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity at Infoway however, only those applicants who most closely meet the qualifications for this position will be contacted.
Infoway provides accommodations for employees and applicants with disabilities.