Job number: J0623-1035
Job title: Senior Analyst (Python), Health Indicators and Client Support
Job Type: Contract
Location: Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Number of positions: 1
Contract Duration: 1 year
Date posted: September 11, 2023
Closing date: September 29, 2023
Range minimum: $77,390.00/year
Who we are
We are an organization comprised of industry thought leaders who are passionate about health data and want to make a difference in the health care field. We are an independent, not-for-profit organization and together with our partners we provide essential information on Canada’s health systems, enabling decisions that lead to healthier Canadians. As a valued member of the CIHI team, you and your work will have a pivotal role in the evolution of Canada’s health care systems.
CIHI is recognized as an exceptional place to work that embraces diversity, respect, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Learn about our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and the work being done to create a more inclusive and welcoming organization by focusing on how we learn, govern and practise.
At CIHI, we recognize what matters to our employees. Some of the benefits of working at CIHI include
- HOOPP Pension Plan (Defined Benefits Pension)
- Retirement Planning Program
- Generous vacation days for permanent and long-term contracts
- Work-life balance
- Career Planning Program
- Learning and Professional Development Program
- Flexible benefits program from your first day on the job for permanent and long-term contracts
Why is this role important?
The Health Indicators and Client Support area is responsible for the calculation and dissemination of various indicators of health system performance for hospitals and jurisdictions across the country. The Senior Analyst is a key member of the team and is contributing to the compilation, verification, analysis and dissemination of a set of indicators intended to provide health providers, health decision-makers, researchers and the public with reliable and comparable data on various dimensions of health care performance to promote quality improvement. The Senior Analyst also responds to client requests, works with other internal stakeholders to define data requirements and may also liaise with other external parties as required.
****** Please note that this exciting opportunity is open to candidates residing in both Ottawa and Toronto surrounding areas. We do currently work under a hybrid model, where we presently work in-person 2 days per week ******
What you’ll do
- Writes and executes computer analyses required for the computation, analysis, and/or verification of the indicators. This may include taking responsibility over a defined suite of indicators.
- Supports the development of coding best practices and migration of existing analytic code to python language.
- Conducts the methodological reviews of the existing set of indicators, including the relevant data analyses and literature reviews.
- Assists with dissemination of health indicator data, including, but not limited to, data verification and preparation of the data for reporting.
- Participates in the design, development, and dissemination of policy-relevant information products targeted at specific stakeholder groups.
- Prepares related documentation as required, including technical documentation, literature reviews and interpretive text.
- Conducts ad hoc analyses to support special studies, liaising with key stakeholders to fully define data and/or analytical requirements.
- Assists with other projects, special studies, ad hoc reports, articles for publication or presentations, as required. Participates on CIHI project teams as required.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of CIHI’s data holdings, related data held by other organizations, and tools used by CIHI to access these data holdings.
- Maintains current knowledge about analytical techniques, health services and population health research, and stakeholder information needs.
- Assumes responsibility for other related duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring to the table
- Undergraduate degree in health sciences, health policy, health economics, social sciences, statistics or similar field. Graduate degree is an asset
- Three to five years’ experience working in a health care research or health policy involving the analysis, design and dissemination of research studies and related information products. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in one or more of the following:
– experience with administrative health data (e.g. DAD and NACRS)
– manipulating and analyzing large, complex databases
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Python programming language.
- Working knowledge of SAS is an asset.
- Experience in client support and preparation of statistical and descriptive reports.
- Sound conceptual knowledge of determinants of health, the measurement of health status, and the Canadian health system.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience within a hospital decision support or quality improvement environment is an asset.
- Experience with electronic health system performance measurement tools or business intelligence tools is an asset.
- Fluency in English required, bilingualism an asset.
To find out more about this role and other exciting opportunities visit the Careers section of our website.
We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At CIHI we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please note the CIHI Recruiting Team uses email to communicate with applicants. Please make sure your profile has an updated email address that is checked regularly, including the junk/spam mail folder, as we send time sensitive emails (i.e. testing and interview bookings).
Are you interested in this job?