Job number: J1023-1586
Job title: Senior Analyst, Data Request Services
Job Type: Contract
Location: Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Number of positions: 1
Date posted: October 31, 2023
Closing date: November 21, 2023
Range minimum: $77,390.00/year
Reporting Manager: Jordan Hunt
Who we are
We are an organization comprised of industry thought leaders who are passionate about health data and want to make a difference in the health care field. We are an independent, not-for-profit organization and together with our partners we provide essential information on Canada’s health systems, enabling decisions that lead to healthier Canadians. As a valued member of the CIHI team, you and your work will have a pivotal role in the evolution of Canada’s health care systems.
CIHI is recognized as an exceptional place to work that embraces diversity, respect, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Learn about our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and the work being done to create a more inclusive and welcoming organization by focusing on how we learn, govern and practise.
At CIHI, we recognize what matters to our employees. Some of the benefits of working at CIHI include
- HOOPP Pension Plan (Defined Benefits Pension)
- Retirement Planning Program
- Generous vacation days for permanent and long-term contracts
- Work-life balance
- Career Planning Program
- Learning and Professional Development Program
- Flexible benefits program from your first day on the job for permanent and long-term contracts
Why is this role important?
The Data Request Services (DRS) program area is responsible for responding to custom data requests related to CIHI’s acute and ambulatory care data, including requests received through Health Data Research Network Canada’s Data Access Support Hub (DASH) and the management of CIHI’s corporate data request program. This includes developing documentation and providing support to internal and external stakeholders related to 3rd party data disclosure policies, procedures, and tooling
The Senior Analyst is a key member of the DRS team and has a broad range of responsibilities. Activities include responding to data requests, consulting with clients, developing detailed specifications, analyzing data, implementing and enhancing quality assurance activities, and generating analytic outputs.
What you’ll do
- Responds to customized requests for information from internal and external clients. Key activities include working with clients to develop request specifications and requirements, data extraction and quality assurance activities.
- Provides professional and timely client support to respond to internal and external client queries as required. This includes verbal and written communication with clients and completing CIHI and DASH reporting requirements to support project tracking.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of data, tools, and analytical techniques used to produce standard and ad-hoc outputs.
- Leads and/or contributes to the development of materials (e.g., methodology or technical notes, procedures) to support internal and external clients.
- Ensures adherence to, and ability to demonstrate compliance with, CIHI’s privacy and security policies and procedures when using CIHI data and information.
- Maintains current knowledge of CIHI’s data holdings, trends in health services research and health policy, and stakeholder information needs to support current work and contribute to the development of new analytic proposals.
- Participates in other meetings and corporate project teams as required.
What you’ll bring to the table
- Undergraduate degree in a related field, or equivalent education/experience. A graduate degree in is an asset.
- Three to five years related experience working with relational databases / large datasets, including manipulating, maintaining, validating, and preparing data and presenting analyses and reports for different audiences.
- Proficiency with data manipulation and statistical software, such as SAS, R, Python or other statistical software is essential.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with minimal supervision.
- Proven organizational and time management skills, with an ability to manage multiple projects and priorities effectively to meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Fluency in English is required; bilingualism is an asset.
We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At CIHI we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please note the CIHI Recruiting Team uses email to communicate with applicants. Please make sure your profile has an updated email address that is checked regularly, including the junk/spam mail folder, as we send time sensitive emails (i.e. testing and interview bookings).