Job Title: Security Analyst
Organization: eHealth Centre of Excellence
Location: Kitchener, ON
Job Type: Full-time Contract
The eHealth Centre of Excellence (eCE) develops, implements and advances digital health tools and services to better serve patients and clinicians across Ontario. The eCE advocates for the continued and improved use of technology to enhance the connection and relationship clinicians and patients have with each other and with the Ontario and Regional healthcare system. The eCE meets our goals by supporting the deployment of digital health technologies such as eReferral, eConsult, Virtual Visits, Tablets, EMR best practice tools, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), along with collaborative partnerships with regional and provincial agencies. Critical to the success of eHealth initiatives is working with system partners to support priorities that ensure the best care for patients. The eCE’s founding vision is one of innovation and partnership, with a mission to be the leading, trusted, digital health partner for primary care and integrated patient care.
About the role
The Security Analyst will oversee activities related to the implementation of the eCE Security Framework and the policies and procedures associated with the eCE Security Framework. This role will actively participate in discussions with vendors, provincial stakeholders and healthcare providers, and identify any concerns and provide feedback, recommendations, and threat-risk assessment results to the program team and eCE Executive.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the implementation and refinement of the Security framework and associated policies and procedures
- Working with eCE Program Managers and teams to identify the sequencing and scheduling of security requirements to support implementation across a variety of eCE programs
- Anticipate and identify security risks and issues and work with the team to develop mitigation strategies to address these potential risks and issues
- Advise key stakeholders on the security expectations outlined in the eCE security policies and procedures
- Oversee standardized auditing and reporting processes, to ensure compliance of the security policies and procedures
- Act as a single point of contact for internal and external stakeholders to field questions and investigate concerns regarding adherence to security polices and standards
- Responsible for implementing security enhancements on existing platforms
- Provide regular updates to Program Managers and the eCE Executive, as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree or diploma in information security, computer engineering, systems engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum three years of information security experience
- SSCP, CCSK, CISM, OSCP, or CISSP an asset
- Ability to communicate and present security related information effectively and clearly to a wide variety of stakeholders and audiences
- Detailed understanding of provincial and federal laws and regulations concerning security
- Demonstrated experience quickly building and maintaining effective and productive working relationships in complex, multi-stakeholder healthcare environments
- Understanding of computing environments (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Demonstrated experience in resolving conflict and successfully building consensus
- Demonstrated experience organizing and maintaining effective project documentation
- Demonstrated experience working in cross functional project teams
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong attention to detail
If this position is of interest to you, please send your cover letter and resume to: Human Resources at email@example.com
Feel like you don’t meet all the requirements? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to learn the rest, we encourage you to reach out to us!
The eHealth Centre of Excellence team is a respectful and inclusive workplace. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
The eHealth Centre of Excellence team is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including, 2SLGBTQ-identified persons, persons with disabilities, First Nations, Inuit and Métis individuals, and members of Black and other racialized communities, and individuals who speak languages other than English.
We thank all interested applicants; however, due to the volume of resumes we receive only those selected for an interview will be contacted.