Job Title: Project Manager (161179)
Location: To Be Determined, BC V8R 1J8 CA (Primary)
Travel Requirement: Travel between multiple sites may be required
Shift Start Time/End Time: 8:00-16:00
Days Off: Weekend/Stats
Vacancy Type: Temp FT
Salary Range (Hourly Rate): $47.55 – $68.35
Bi-weekly Hours: 75
Planned Start Date: Sep. 1 2022
Approximate End Date (For Temporary Assignments ONLY): Jul. 31 2023
Pending Return of Incumbent: No
CRC required? (employee will be working with or have access to children or vulnerable adults and requires a Criminal Record Check): No
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
The Project Manager plans, organizes and controls all activities associated with the implementation of assigned projects.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Health Information Science or Computer Science. At least seven years of experience working within or directly with a health care system including several years as a project manager or project coordinator.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of, and experience in working with the Project Management Institute’s PMBOK methodology.
- Demonstrated success as a project manager and the successful completion of one large information technology project within the last three years.
- Detailed knowledge of project management principles and methodologies.
- Intermediate to expert-level system implementation skills.
- Proven ability to track, coordinate and integrate external issues as they affect VIHA’s proposal/action plan.
- Proven ability to write, analyze and edit project plans, proposals, Service Level Agreements, MOU’s for accuracy and consistency.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills coupled with the ability to write or edit high quality business documents.
- Master project plans, risk management plans, communication plans, progress reports, project wrap-up documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the capability of providing leadership to a diverse project team and interact comfortably with senior personnel in the organization.
- Excellent presentation, interviewing, facilitating, and negotiating skills.
Link to Full Job Description: https://jd.viha.ca/JD2508.pdf
Additional information for applicants
The incumbent project manager is responsible for ensuring the appropriate development of a new Telestroke program within Island Health. This includes the organization and planning all aspects of Telestroke initiation and implementation. Telestroke may be applied across the continuum of care, including on demand (emergency) and scheduled healthcare encounters using the Telestroke technology. Since Telestroke is a care delivery modality, it is imperative that the incumbent develops supporting structures to ensure successful implementation and sustainability. Vaccination Notification: As of October 12, 2021, only applicants that are fully vaccinated (7 days past their second dose of vaccine) are able to work in the facility. If you are offered employment it will be contingent on you providing proof of vaccination prior to commencement of the offered effective date. Proof of BC Provincial Immunization Registry is required. If proof of vaccination is not provided, the offer of employment is rescinded.