Position Title: Project Director, Health Information System
Organization: Hamilton Health Sciences
Location: Hamilton, ON
CPHIMS-CA Required: No
HIP® Career Level: n/a
HIP® Domain: Information Technology
Hamilton Health Sciences has a Digital Health Plan that will transform the organization by introducing newer technologies that support enhanced patient care and improved patient outcomes. The introduction of a new Health Information System (HIS) is a key element and enabler of this strategy. The HIS is a transformational project that will optimally enable and support efficient, effective, safe and high quality clinical care at the Hospital, achieving our vision of Best Care for All.
The Project Director is responsible to lead project planning and organizational change through the implementation of an organization-wide, multi-site, Enterprise HIS at the Hospital which will be designed to bring HHS to a HIMSS level 6, on a 7-level scale, on the EMR Adoption model.
The Project Director will be accountable for this high risk and complex project from initiation through to completion and will be responsible for the design and implementation of critical operational support plans to ensure sustainable use of the system and ongoing adoption of the new processes by the organization and its stakeholders for years to come.
The Project Director will manage a diverse project team and budget of 100M+. The Director report into the VP HITS & CIO and be directly accountable to the Executive Sponsors governing the project process.
- Current Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Previous experience as a Project Director for a large-sized health care provider and/or Electronic Health Information System implementation.
- Relevant IT industry certifications (e.g. ITIL, ITSM, Lean, Six Sigma, etc.).
- Leading expert knowledge of project management tools, systems and techniques.
- Highly effective influence, negotiation and collaboration skills with the ability to work across the enterprise and seek buy-in from stakeholders
- Exceptional financial management skills with demonstrated ability to effectively manage budgets of over $100 million, to establish controls, track resource/costs and provide good business solutions.
- Strong strategic written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels, including high-profile communications to stakeholders and public community, with potentially high organizational risk.
- Must have proven experience in identifying, monitoring and tracking project risks and issues, and making effective decisions/engaging project team members to develop risk mitigation/avoidance plans.
- Ability to foster and build relationships, engage and influence others, work with diverse internal, global business units and global network providers/outsourcers.
- Flexible and adaptable when dealing with change with a strong awareness and understanding of competing interests.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop diverse and highly specialized teams.
- Communicates frequently with stakeholders at all levels of the organization as well, as third parties, to drive project goals.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite of products including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project and MS Visio.
- Ability to make effective decisions under pressure.
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage concurrent projects.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Understanding of complex / matrix organization reporting.
$61.82 – 79.25
Please apply via http://hamiltonhealthsciences.ca/careers and search for Requisition# 82046
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer.