We acknowledge that Providence Health Care & the new St. Paul’s Hospital site is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.Our Culture
Every Providence hospital, residence and clinic is committed to excellence in patient and family-centered care. At Providence Health Care, you will be a part of a diverse environment where all people are valued and respected. With our talented team of employees, you will help us to become a part of the future of health care in British Columbia.Driven by compassion and social justice, we are at the forefront of exceptional care and innovation. As individuals within a mission-driven organization, many of us feel very close to our “why.” We are committed to social justice, compassionate care, and Truth and Reconciliation with Indigenous Peoples. Providence Health Care is a proud recipient of:
- 2024 BC’s Top Employers
- 2024 Canada’s Top Employers for Young People
- 2024 Mosaic Employer Recognition Award
Providence Health Care’s new St. Paul’s Hospital Project – IT Program is hiring! We are looking for a Program Manager for our IT Infrastructure portfolio.
To learn more about the new hospital project, check us out here.
IT Program Vision: To be a national healthcare reference centre for best practice information technology solutions that enable patients and families, clinical professionals, academics, and research partners to improve the patient care experience.
The IT Program team prioritizes employee growth and learning opportunities. Team members are encouraged to develop career plans and are enabled to attend conferences, pursue certifications, and undertake additional training in line with their career plans. The team works under a hybrid model, with some requirements to maintain a presence at the office and at the construction site and some flexibility to work remotely.
In this position, you will report to Damian Kayra, Director, Infrastructure & Building Systems, and be joining an exceptional, hardworking team. The IT Program Executive Director, Jordan Pope, leads the team through a strong vision and a wealth of redevelopment expertise.
What We Offer
- The typical hiring range for this position is $130,000 – $150,000 CAD per year.
- A comprehensive health benefit package, including dental, vision, and life coverage.
- An orientation session and comprehensive onboarding to all new hires.
- A chance to grow professionally and personally, as part of a supportive team driven by innovation and the desire to address the future health needs of patients, families, and our communities.
- This position will be required to be hybrid.
What You Will Do
The Program Manager, IT Infrastructure will be responsible for managing projects and budgets, leading project teams, and providing input to facility design, configuration, deployment, and transition to operational structures for all IT Infrastructure systems and equipment within the scope of the NSPH project. It is anticipated that this role will coordinate directly with PDHIS (previously PHSA) network and infrastructure teams.
This portfolio consists of IT Infrastructure systems and equipment including:
- Structured Cabling
- Data Network & Common Works
- Physiological Monitoring Network
- IMIT Server Infrastructure
- Integration Engine
- VoIP Network
- End User Devices
The Program Manager, IT Infrastructure provides leadership, contract negotiation, dispute resolution, and oversight of teams from design through to construction and commissioning, including directing and managing consultant teams. This position ensures the delivery of services to meet the goals, objectives, and strategic directions of the NSPH Project and Providence Health Care. This position also leads and participates in a variety of committees as required and establishes positive working relationships with stakeholders and project team members.
What You Bring
A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline, supplemented by formal training in project management plus seven (7) to ten (10) years’ experience in all phases of project planning, inclusive of supervisory experience, in a large complex organization such as health care; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience with IT Infrastructure systems design and procurement, program and project management, stakeholder engagement and team leadership skills.
- Familiar with the PHSA Communications Infrastructure Standards and Specifications.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of PDHIS governance and engagement processes (preferred).
- Experience with a network deployment at a PDHIS-managed acute site (preferred).
- Experience with workforce planning including contributing recruitment and retention recommendations, supporting career progression within the team, and identifying ways to balance generalization and specialization within teams.
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to clearly convey and negotiate complex ideas or contractual interpretations.
- Experience with interpreting construction drawings and understanding how those drawings relate to what is being built on site.
- Project Management Professional preferred.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Providence Health Care must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.