Title: Program Consultant, Virtual Care Initiative
Term: Contract, Full-time
Pay Grade: 6
Branch: Health System Performance
Reports to: Manager, Virtual Care Initiative
Close date: June 27, 2022
The Virtual Care Initiative team is part of CIHI’s Health System Performance Branch and is responsible for CIHI’s virtual care program of work. This includes supporting frequent engagement and collaboration with federal, provincial, territorial (FPT) partners on pan-Canadian virtual care priorities, data collection and reporting. The team is also responsible for leading the development of new indicators for virtual care.
The Program Consultant plays an important role in the planning and execution of activities related to the development and evaluation of health indicators following CIHI’s indicator development cycle, and will work collaboratively with the Indicator Research and Development team as well as internal and external stakeholders to ensure the delivery of timely and rigorous indicators. The consultant will also serve as a liaison with FPT partners and will serve as a key contact for information sharing among other CIHI teams undertaking virtual care/digital health analysis and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the development and refinement of new virtual care indicators, including conceptualizing indicators, identifying data sources, supporting the development of appropriate methodologies, and conducting analysis on administrative and survey data. Provides planning, project management and coordination for indicator development and evaluation activities.
- Develops and executes engagement strategies to establish and foster effective working relationships with subject matter experts from across CIHI and externally to address new and emerging priorities for digital health and virtual care.
- Leads the preparation of technical documentation and communication materials as required to support understanding and use of health system data, measures, and information for health system performance management.
- Plans and participates in product communication and knowledge exchange activities that include, but are not limited to the preparation of written materials and/or presentations to various internal and external stakeholder groups.
- Responds to technical/methodological inquiries from internal and external stakeholders, data requests and ad hoc analyses to support additional stakeholder needs.
- Contributes to the promotion of CIHI products and services through participation on committees, presentations and/or attendance at conferences, and other activities, as required.
Knowledge and Experience
- University degree in health services research, epidemiology, health administration, health information, social sciences, or other relevant field or equivalent education/experience.
- 3-5 years relevant experience and knowledge in health indicator development and reporting. Experience with CIHI administrative data holdings including DAD and NACRS is preferred.
- Conceptual understanding of the health care system, health care policy, and sound knowledge of health information and its uses for policy development, planning, management, and evaluation purposes.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing engagement strategies and liaising with external partners.
- Strong critical thinking skills and interpretation of analytic results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong team player.
- Fluency in English required, bilingualism an asset