Position Title: Program and Event Specialist
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Work from home in the Greater Toronto Area. Involves some travel.
Closing Date: June 30, 2021
Start Date: July 26, 2021
Salary Range: $47,000 – $55,000
Digital Health Canada is a Canadian not-for-profit professional association with over 4,000 members across the country. Our members are a diverse community of accomplished, influential professionals working to make a difference in advancing healthcare through information technology.
Members are supported by the Digital Health Canada National Office team. Together, the team develops and delivers the networking and professional development programs that create value for our members: events and webinars, education and certification, and thought leadership. Team members work remotely, collaborating through online chat, virtual conferences, and weekly team meetings.
You are motivated. You are a self-starter. You enjoy managing and planning events with a keen interest in customer needs, event technology and building programs. You are a seasoned event professional who has managed many events from concept to execution with positive results. You enjoy learning about new event possibilities and strive to ensure your events continue to evolve year over year by bringing new ideas to the planning team.
Overview of the position
The Program and Event Specialist is responsible for:
- Organizing and moderating weekly member webinars and bi-monthly industry showcase webinars
- Organizing and moderating small-group (30 people) member events and meetings (virtual and in-person)
- Supporting regional chapters with their regular meetings (virtual and in-person)
- Supporting the events team at regional and national events (virtual and in-person)
- Supporting national conference team as required (e-Health Conference and Tradeshow)
- General administrative support and other duties as required
The successful candidate must be able to hit the ground running and be ready to fully support the Digital Health Canada member community. The ideal candidate possesses:
- University or college degree
- Minimum of 4-6 years’ experience in event planning (particular experience with managing multiple events simultaneously)
- Association management experience considered an asset
- Advanced computer skills in MS Word, Excel & Outlook
- Experience with web-based event management/registration tool
- Ability to work under time pressure and deal effectively with stress
- Ability to multi task
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Flexibility to work overtime and travel to attend on-site meetings when required
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial with a proven ability to work independently
Apply by email before June 30, 2021 to: HR@digitalhealthcanada.com
Interviews will begin the week July 5, 2021. Start date is July 26, 2021.
To be considered, submissions MUST include the following:
- Email subject line “Program and Event Specialist”
- Please attach ONE DOCUMENT with your resume and cover letter with summary of relevant experience, salary expectations, evidence of candidate’s ability to work remotely.
Digital Health Canada is committed to diversity, inclusion and equity in connection with our vision, mission, values and pillars. We strive to develop a team that reflects the diversity of the Canadian health ecosystem and the Digital Health Canada member community. We actively welcome nominations and candidates who are Black, Indigenous, LGBTQIA2S+, or living with disability, as well as People of Colour or members of other racialized and marginalized groups.
DIGITAL HEALTH CANADA TEAM VALUES – “We Connect with Intention”
1. PRACTICE A GROWTH MINDSET
2. TEAMWORK & COLLABORATION – WORK TOGETHER, OWN YOUR WORK
3. COMMUNICATE FEARLESSLY & BUILD TRUST
4. DARE TO BE DIFFERENT: make an impact and leverage diverse perspectives
5. INNOVATE THROUGH EXPERIMENTATION: have an entrepreneurial spirit