Job Title: Practice Advisor
Location: Ottawa, ON
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time; Job Band: 4
The Practice Advisor (PA) serves as a field-based advisor and advocate for physicians and other clinicians in matters pertaining to the optimal use of their OntarioMD-certified Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and other digital health solutions. The PA plans and coordinates OntarioMD resources working with the practice and provides transition support and change management to physicians to prepare, implement and use digital health solutions supported by OntarioMD.
Working closely with the Area Manager, your responsibilities will be:
- Works collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team under the direction of the Area Manager.
- Works with OntarioMD product areas to develop targeted plans for promotion and adoption of digital health initiatives within the practice community.
- Assists physician practices undergoing transitions such as clinic moves, adding new physicians, switching EMRs, etc.
- Educates physicians and other clinicians on industry best practices for: re-engineering of business processes, selection of the best-fit IT solutions, migration from paper-based processes to electronic, migration to other EMR products and use of digital health solutions such as OLIS, HRM, eNotifications, eConsult, dashboard, DHDR/IR etc. to improve practice efficiencies.
- Provides direction on opportunities for improvement in EMR use and office workflow and recommends possible solutions or resources to improve efficiencies.
- Primary practice contact and internally leads efforts to develop solutions to complex practice issues to ensure goals and objectives are met.
- Appropriately escalates issues internally to Area Manager or EMR Vendor Management team or the Product, Strategy and Delivery team as necessary and/or connects with external resources as required.
- Maintains an up-to-date practice profile and activity tracking in the CRM system (practice membership, IT system configuration, etc.).
- Collaborates in the assignment of resources including Peer Leaders, Practice Enhancement Consultants and EMR Technical Specialists as required.
- Maintains relationships with key local stakeholders, OHTs, local health organizations such as hospital, EMR and other IT vendors.
- Assists in the development of communication and marketing materials regarding new e-Health and other initiatives.
- Contributes to knowledge creation and development of best practices.
Requirements that are important to us:
- University degree in Information Management — Health Sciences desired – or equivalent experience.
- 3 or more years’ experience in a healthcare consulting/relationship management role:
- Understanding of IT offerings, particularly in EMRs and how IT is applied in clinical practices.
- Understanding of change management and training related to transformational change initiatives in clinical practices.
- Active listener with a demonstrated ability to gain the trust of clients and stakeholders.
- Effective communication skills including highly competent presentation skills, and the ability to understand and communicate complex data and technology issues.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Experience and comfort with working in a target-driven environment
- Ability to cope with conflicting demands and to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent problem-solving skills required for the triage, documentation, and management of client service issues.
- Excellent coaching/facilitation skills and strong conflict resolution skills.
- Highly flexible and comfortable working in a fast-paced, high profile environment.
- Ability to travel within their assigned region regularly and throughout Ontario occasionally.
- Must have a valid driver’s license accepted in Ontario.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to apply online through our careers page.
Applications will be considered up until June 13, 2021. For further information, visit our website at www.ontariomd.ca.
We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. OntarioMD is an equal opportunity employer and values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. OntarioMD fosters a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths. OntarioMD welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Following the advice of provincial health authorities, to mitigate the risk of the potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire onboarding will be conducted remotely. While we are doing our best to ensure reasonable response times, please expect potential delays during the recruiting process due to the current situation.
OntarioMD does not solicit personal information such as banking information or passport information over social media sites for employment purposes.