Date Posted: March 28, 2019
Position Title: Practice Advisor
Location: London, Kitchener, Waterloo or Woodstock area
CPHIMS-CA: Not Required
Domain: Information Technology
Permanent Full-Time; Job Band: 4
Do you feel energized by developing and providing consulting services for products/service life cycles? Or do you enjoy serving and advocating for physicians and other clinicians? This is an exciting opportunity to join our Client Services & Engagement department as a Practice Advisor and work in a position you thrive in!
The Practice Advisor (PA) serves as a field-based advisor and advocate for physicians and other clinicians in matters pertaining to the optimal use of their OntarioMD-certified Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and other eHealth solutions. The PA plans and coordinates OntarioMD resources working with the practice and provides transition support and change management to physicians to prepare, implement and use eHealth solutions supported by OntarioMD.The PA develops and provides consulting services throughout the product/service life cycle (i.e. pre, during and post-adoption within the practice and the on-going support for eHealth solutions) and serves as an advisor working directly with physicians and their practices to identify goals and develop plans for advancing their EMR usage and capabilities to improve patient and practice outcomes.
As a home-based role, you will be working with the Client Services & Engagement team and your responsibilities will be:
- Working collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team under the direction of the Area Manager;
- Working with OntarioMD product areas to develop targeted plans for promotion and adoption of eHealth initiatives within the practice community;
- Assisting physician practices undergoing transitions such as clinic moves, adding new physicians, switching EMRs, etc.
- Educating physicians and other clinicians on industry best practices for: re-engineering of business processes, selection of the best-fit IT solutions, migration from paper-based processes to electronic, and use of eHealth solutions such as OLIS, HRM, eNotifications, eConsult, dashboard, eReferral etc to improve practice efficiencies;
- Providing direction on opportunities for improvement in EMR use and office workflow and recommends possible solutions or resources to improve efficiencies;
- Primary practice contact and internally leads efforts to develop solutions to complex practice issues to ensure goals and objectives are met.
- Appropriately escalating issues internally to Area Manager or EMR Vendor Management team or the Product, Strategy and Delivery team as necessary and/or connects with external resources as required;
- Maintaining an up to date practice profile and activity tracking in the CRM system (practice membership, IT system configuration, etc.);
- Collaborating in the assignment of resources including Peer Leaders, Practice Enhancement Consultants and EMR Technical Specialists as required;
- Maintaining relationships with key local stakeholders including Local Health Integration Network staff, EMR and other IT vendors;
- Assisting in the development of communication and marketing materials regarding new e-Health and other initiatives;
- Contributing to knowledge creation and development of best practices.
Requirements that are important to us:
- University degree in Information Management — Health Sciences desired – or equivalent experience.
- 3 or more years’ experience in a healthcare consulting/relationship management role:
- Understanding of IT offerings, particularly in EMRs and how IT is applied in clinical practices.
- Understanding of change management and training related to transformational change initiatives in clinical practices.
- Active listener with a demonstrated ability to gain the trust of clients and stakeholders.
- Effective communication skills including highly competent presentation skills, and the ability to understand and communicate complex data and technology issues.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Experience and comfort with working in a target-driven environment
- Ability to cope with conflicting demands and to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent problem-solving skills required for the triage, documentation and management of client service issues.
- Excellent coaching/facilitation skills and strong conflict resolution skills.
- Highly flexible and comfortable working in a fast-paced, high profile environment.
- Ability to travel within their assigned region regularly and throughout Ontario occasionally
- Must have a valid drivers license accepted in OntarioMust reside in one of the following areas: London, Kitchener, Waterloo or Woodstock.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application through the career page. Applications will be considered up until Friday, April 5 by 5:00 PM.
For further information, visit our website. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. OntarioMD is an equal opportunity employer. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.