Date Posted: April 22, 2019
Organization: Digital Health Canada
Position Title: Community of Action Volunteer Team Lead – Patient Access in Mental Health
Type: Volunteer, Part-time
CPHIMS-CA: Not Required
HIP Career Level: Expert
Digital Health Canada Communities of Action (CoA) provide opportunities for connection, idea sharing and professional development. Community of Action Working Groups come together with a shared purpose: to enhance the quality of healthcare for Canadians by learning more about an important digital health topic.
Digital Opportunities in Mental Healthcare: Patient Access in Mental Health Overview
Many patients and family caregivers are interested in accessing digital tools that may help navigate mental health resources and augment traditional methods of treatment. Digital health professionals are looking for opportunities to link traditional care with a digital space where patients can go to access electronic care, tools, and information that is validated and evaluated.
The objective of this CoA will be to conduct a jurisdictional scan of current work around digital tools related to mental health within Canada. This paper will also provide a recommendation for future work to further develop what can be done to implement this opportunity into mental healthcare.
This Community of Action Working Group is seeking a Digital Health Canada member to assume the role of Team Lead. This is a rewarding part-time volunteer position.
- Collaborate with working group members to set direction/vision of final report
- Conduct contributor interviews (if required) and analyze results
- Communicate with contributors to provide important information to the team
- Act as the main point of contact with Digital Health Canada Project Analyst
- Set the project timeline/schedule and arrange team meetings
- Expert knowledge of and experience in the field of mental healthcare
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Outstanding leadership skills and ability to motivate others
- Your name highlighted as Team Lead in final publication
- Opportunities to connect with other professionals in the mental health field
- Enhance your CV with authorship of a published paper
- Opportunity to present final findings at a Webinar Wednesday or conference
Interested members may apply by sending a resume to communities@digitalhealthcanada. Please include “Mental Health Volunteer Team Lead” in the subject line of your email.