Join a hospital where everyone makes a difference! Cambridge Memorial Hospital (CMH) is a thriving community hospital that proudly provides acute care services including: Emergency, Surgery, Medicine, Women’s and Children’s Health, Intensive Care, Mental Health, and Inpatient Rehabilitation.
Our vision is to provide exceptional healthcare by exceptional people. Our dedicated and skilled staff are passionate about providing outstanding patient-centred care, and an exceptional patient experience to residents of the Waterloo Region and beyond.
Why Should You Apply to CMH?
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Group Benefits, including Health & Dental, for full time employees
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Career Development & Education Grant
- Wellness & Wellbeing Program
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Initiatives
Come be part of our vision as CMH leads in innovation and compassion! To learn more about CMH, please visit our website at www.cmh.org.
As a key member of the CMH leadership team, the Manager, Information Management & Technology (IMT) will ensure continual operations of the IMT Department in alignment with corporate business objectives. This individual will plan, coordinate, direct, and design IMT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide proactive thought leadership in optimally utilizing existing and future applications.
The IMT Manager will partner with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support CMH solutions across the organization. The successful incumbent will oversee the definition and implementation of IMT policies, procedures, and best practices.
Lead the IMT Department in operations, projects and influencing strategic planning activities that are aligned to the strategic plan by promoting innovation, by partnering with business partners to plan, implement and sustain technology projects, and optimize resources and vendor relationships.
- Manage the, deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade, support of all IMT systems,
- Manage IMT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including service desk and technical support services.
- Work with staff and stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Support requests for proposal and administer vendor and service agreements.
- Oversee business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IMT spending and initiatives.
- Develop and implement all IMT policies and procedures for service delivery, architecture, security, disaster recovery.
- Direct research on potential technology solutions in support of procurement efforts.
- Monitors and measures user satisfaction for all services within IMT.
- Minimum of seven (7) years related work experience in Healthcare is required
- Proven experience in planning, developing and implementing resilient IT infrastructure.
- Networking knowledge with cyber prevention, servers, virtualization, storage and Mobility.
- Extensive application support experience with Meditech (HIS) environment
- Experience managing human resource, management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Extensive project management experience working with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong understanding of ITIL, LEAN and service delivery
- Microsoft and other related network/software certifications are definite assets.
- Experience in a Meditech (HIS) environment is preferred.
- Outstanding leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record conducting and directing research into IT issues and products.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to identify and understand technology/products and their interdependencies.
- Ability to use technology to optimize business needs.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, critical-thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Extensive experience working in a challenging and fast paced environment.
- Proven skills optimizing Microsoft Office suite applications.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Cambridge Memorial Hospital requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
The successful external applicant is required to provide the applicable criminal record check, as requested by Human Resources, in accordance with federal and provincial legislation. Valid criminal record checks are in original format and dated with two months from date of conditional offer from CMH.
Cambridge Memorial Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace. All reasonable accommodation will be made to support participation in the recruitment process. Where needed, accommodations for disabilities will be provided, on request, to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Cambridge Memorial Hospital is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. We welcome all applicants, including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Applicants may make requests for accommodations at any stage of the application, interview, or selection process by contacting Human Resources.
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.