Position Title: Manager, Education
Organization: Digital Health Canada
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Work from home in the Greater Toronto Area. Involves some travel.
Application Closing Date: September 28, 2019
Start Date: October 13, 2020
About Digital Health Canada
We are Digital Health Canada, a Canadian not-for-profit association with over 2,500 members across the country. Our members are a diverse community of accomplished, influential professionals working to make a difference in advancing healthcare through information technology. Digital Health Canada fosters network growth and connection; brings together ideas from multiple segments for incubation and advocacy; supports members through professional development at the individual and organizational level; and advocates for the Canadian digital health industry.
*Members are supported by the Digital Health Canada National Office team. Together, the team develops and delivers the networking and professional development programs that create value for our members: events and webinars, resources, thought leadership, and education and certification. Team members work remotely, collaborating through online chat, virtual conferences, and in-person team meetings in downtown Toronto.
You are motivated. You are a self-starter. You enjoy meeting new people and have a passion for professional education. You are a leader who enjoys bringing ideas together to deliver outstanding educational experiences. You champion the use of data, technology, and innovation to improve the health of Canadians. You are driven to enhance member professional educational offerings and their experience through growing a diverse education portfolio.
Overview of the position
The Manager, Education, is responsible for the management and operations of all Digital Health Canada education programs and services in accordance with the Digital Health Canada strategies, operating plans, budgets and policies.
The Manager, Education role is to create, plan, organize, coordinate, promote and execute specific education programs and services of the Association. The Manager, Education contributes to the management, execution and operation of the business of the Association by utilizing strong project management, planning, organization, problem-solving and communication skills in performing the requirements of the position.
The Manager, Education is responsible for all education programs including administration of the Certified Professional in Healthcare Information and Management Systems – Canada (CPHIMS-CA) credential. The Manager, Education will:
- Develop health informatics and digital health courses to be presented both virtually and in-person
- Develop and teach courses in-person and online as required
- Lead and manage the national credential program (CPHIMS-CA) including exam development, exam sittings and exam maintenance
- Manage the Learning Management System (LEARN platform)
- Develop strategies for adding content and users to LEARN platform
- Create business development opportunities for the Education program
- Continually track and assess program performance, find opportunities for improvement, and report on program delivery and status, including results, metrics and program performance
- Liaise as required with program stakeholders, including committees, volunteers, members, and other associations
- Coordinate and fully support volunteers or other committees as required for the assigned programs
- Remain current on relevant health informatics and digital health issues, topics, interests, and reports
- Lead budget/estimate development for all education and training programs
- Be an integral part of the development of new ideas and solutions to industry/member challenges
- Manage and maintain existing member relations through proactive and excellent customer service
- Be fully involved with the internal business development process
- General administrative support and other duties as required
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful candidate must be able to hit the ground running and be ready to immerse themselves in the Canadian digital health community. The successful Manager, Education is passionate about professional education and certification and creating quality educational content. Candidates should possess:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and mindset – this is a must for our small but mighty team!
- Professional Experience – Minimum 7-years’ experience in the health informatics or association education field.
- Education Requirements – University or college degree (Health Informatics preferred). Additional experience in training and/or education is an asset.
- Organizational skills and time management – Proven ability to work independently and exercise good judgment. Must be self-motivated and able to hit the ground running with a positive attitude. Must be quick learner inorder to assimilate to social media and technology changes as they occur. Ability to thrive under pressure, as this position is often demanding. Demonstrated attention to detail, organization skills, and ability to work independently and manage multiple projects/responsibilities. Project management certification preferred.
- Leadership – Demonstrated ability to take the lead in anticipating and resolving key issues.
- Conflict resolution – Effective problem solving skills and a solution-based approach to conflict resolution.
- Communication – Superior communication, organizational and project management skills with excellent presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to work with people at all levels; a high level of professionalism.
- Apply by email before September 28 to: HR@digitalhealthcanada.com
- Interviews will begin the week of September 28. Start date is October 13, 2020
To be considered, submissions MUST include the following:
- Email subject line “Manager, Education”
- Please attach ONE DOCUMENT with the following two items: 1. Cover letter with summary of relevant experience, salary expectations, evidence of candidate’s ability to work remotely (i.e. private space, Wi-Fi, phone) and 2. Resume