Date Posted: February 6, 2019
Organization: Westlock Healthcare Centre
Position Title: Manager – Addiction and Mental Health
Location: Westlock (Negotiable within Northern Alberta)
Domain: Clinical Health Services
Requisition #: ALB00083878
Job Type: Regular Full Time
Salary: $36.68 – $62.91 per hour
Reporting directly to the Addiction and Mental Health Director, North Zone, the Associate Manager – Addiction and Mental Health provides inspired leadership and oversight in the areas of clinical informatics, clinical research and program evaluation, reporting and analytics, and other decision support services as required (including supporting Connect Care). Working in partnership with physician leads within Addiction & Mental Health (AMH), the Program Manager will transform and support clinical documentation practices and data integrity processes. Working with AMH clinical operation leaders, the Program Manager will provide decision supports that will help improve the quality of care for our clients in all settings (inpatient, residential, outpatient and community) within our entire continuum of care.
The Program Manager provides strategic leadership to ensure that information is provided to leaders to enable and support all aspects of safe, efficient, and effective health services (e.g., planning, research, development, organization of services, resource allocation) in accordance with the AMH Principles of Care. The Program Manager will engage AMH leaders, physicians and staff to continually improve the quality and integrity of clinical information. Together with operational leaders, the Program Manager will oversee the reporting and sharing of clinical information for use in decision-making and performance monitoring.
This position has zone wide responsibilities and location is negotiable within the north zone. This position is currently being reviewed for reclassification.
The Program Manager will ensure that staff receive ongoing training and competency development. The Program Manager will be the primary contact for internal and external stakeholders; will ensure that clinical and accreditation standards are maintained; and that the services of this team are delivered along a continuum based on the needs of service users. The Program Manager will be responsible for evaluating and assessing the effectiveness and efficiency of the services provided. The Program Manager will be involved in policy and guideline development for the North Zone AMH Portfolio. The Program Manager will provide financial oversight of the program budgets and along with his/her Business Advisor, will ensure that financial resources are used responsibly and that there is accountability related to expenditures.
- Degree or diploma in a health related field.
- 5 years’ experience in a leadership position.
- Current registration with professional association.
- Experience in addiction and mental health service delivery and clinical informatics.
- Knowledge of the continuum of mental health and addiction including concurrent disorders treatment and best practices related to same.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Thorough knowledge of pertinent legislation and regulations (e.g., the Mental Health Act, Freedom of Information Act, Criminal code, Review Boards, etc.) and/or the ability to interpret it and apply it to specific situations.
- Knowledge of legal, clinical and management information systems.
- Excellent verbal and written skills to communicate effectively with medical and clinical staff; analytical skills to collect, study and present data.
- Knowledge of admission/registration systems, health records/HIM, data system experience, CIHI (Canadian Institute of Health Information), workload measurements systems, electronic health record systems.
- Familiarity with the Provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations as they apply to the position’s responsibility.
- Masters in Health Sciences, Health Informatics or related area of study.
- Project management training.
- North Zone working experience is an asset.
- Front line work experience is an asset.
Apply online and join our dynamic team!