Job Title: Legal Executive Assistant
JobType: Permanent Full-Time
Job Band: 4
The Legal Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the Office of the General Counsel & Corporate Secretary. In addition to general administrative responsibilities, this role will have a focus on supporting the corporate governance activities of OntarioMD related to Board and Committee work along with the administration of our Privacy Program. The Assistant will perform a wide range of administrative duties for an effective day-to-day operation of the legal service team, assisting management level staff, and coordinating with various functions about relevant projects.
Provides executive support to the Office of the General Counsel & Corporate Secretary including:
- Set up and maintain filing systems, utilize knowledge of legal records and procedures, and frequently control confidential materials and documents.
- Collect and retrieve information from files as needed; record and monitor deadlines; update status and tracking reports.
- Create calendars and provide proactive notification of upcoming deliverables.
- Plan and schedule appointments, conferences, meetings, and travel arrangements for legal staff.
- Coordinate logistics for meetings and conferences.
- Attend meetings as required to take notes & minutes.
- Provide administrative support including organization of files, email management, copying, scanning, and faxing.
- Open and distribute regular and electronic incoming mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments or organizations.
- Prepare and key in correspondence and legal documents, such as contracts and briefs.
- Review and proof-read documents and correspondence to ensure compliance with legal procedures.
- Maintain accurate expense account records. Prepare and process expense reports and reconciliations.
Manages Privacy Incident Reporting including:
- Monitor the Privacy inbox, respond to reported incidents and manage the workflow process.
- Collaborate with IT in effective processing of incidents or Privacy Tool enhancements/development.
- Report to the Privacy Officer weekly to provide updates and engage when escalations deem necessary.
Board and Committee Support:
In collaboration with the Executive Office and under the direction of corporate secretary, provides Board Meeting coordination. Responsible for the organization and distribution of Board and Board Sub-Committees meeting materials. Provides support to the CEO, Board and Committee Chairs (Vice Chair) and the Executive Management Team as needed including:
- Preparation of Meeting Minutes
- Production of Board and Board Sub-Committee packages to coordinate agenda and associated meeting materials,
- Effective file management of Board and corporate records/documents for effective reference and retrieval
- Effective management of all Board-related logs and trackers
Requirements that are important to us:
- Post-secondary education in office administration or combined education and experience equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years related work experience in a support role in a legal service or professional service environment.
- Superior computer skills working with databases, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Office 365 (Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, operate independently, and be self-disciplined in achieving work goals.
- Ability to develop a broad knowledge of OntarioMD policies, terms, and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Excellent editing and writing skills.
- A high degree of integrity, sound judgment, and problem-solving skills.
Benefits we think you’ll like…..
- Fantastic opportunity to grow within the team and throughout the organization
- Professional development and continuous in-house learning opportunities
- Fun, friendly and dynamic work environment with a passion for digital health
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- Exceptional group benefits package paid by the organization
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to apply online through our careers page by January 9, 2021.
For further information, visit our website at www.ontariomd.ca. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
OntarioMD is an equal opportunity employer and values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. OntarioMD fosters a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths. OntarioMD welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Following the advice of provincial health authorities, to mitigate the risk of the potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire onboarding will be conducted remotely. While we are doing our best to ensure reasonable response times, please expect potential delays during the recruiting process due to the current situation.
OntarioMD does not solicit personal information such as banking information or passport information over social media sites for employment purposes.