Job Title: ITS Application Support Specialist
Organization: King Edward Memorial Hospital (Acute Care Facility)
Schedule: 35 hours per week
ITS Application Support Specialist, Information Technology Services (ITS)
Bermuda Hospitals Board (BHB) ensures the highest in quality health care through service excellence, education and leadership. We seek qualified, highly motivated, and experienced professionals to work in a supportive but demanding environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide support to BHB Business Application users on queries and problems. Investigate and correct errors made either by the system and/or by the user group.
- Participates in structured walk-throughs and other activities to review systems and provide training and support.
- Produce training materials and Help Guides and in conjunction with users oversee business process documentation to an agreed format.
- Analyzes program logic, screen layouts, reports, testing criteria to support development of new or enhanced features. Develops product knowledge expertise.
- Analyzes application data structures, process flows, and interfaces to understand capabilities of delivered software Develops product knowledge expertise.
- Provide support for all aspects of system design including writing required programs, testing and evaluation of new processes and implementation of new applications.
- Work closely with development and support staff in debugging, and optimizing databases, stored procedures, view and queries on MS SQL Database servers.
- Manage application security; provide limited technical support, including applications software support, system implementation, change and configuration, vendor liaison, and ensuring the test environment mirrors the production environment when necessary.
Qualifications & Registration required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience supporting similar applications in a healthcare or business environment is required.
- Preferred candidates must have at a minimum of 3 the following Certifications: MCITP, MCSE, CCNA, ASE, AIS, VCP (4 or 5), ITIL Foundation a plus.
Pre-employment substance abuse screening is mandatory for all successful candidates.
Application run dates: February 21, 2023 – March 1, 2023