Job Title: Integrated Executive Director, Digital Health Services
Organization: Grand River Hospital/St. Mary’s General Hospital
Location: Kitchener, ON
Job Type: Permanent Full-time (7.5 Hour Shifts Monday to Friday days but flexibility and overtime may be required)
CPHIMS-CA Required? No
Domain: Information Technology
Reporting to the VP, Planning, Transformation and Innovation, Grand River Hospital (GRH) and the VP, Chief Information Officer, St. Mary’s General Hospital (SMGH). The Integrated Executive Director will provide strategic leadership and manage the collaborative partnership between all stakeholders including GRH and SMGH, and any future partners related to overall digital services (Information Technology, Systems and Services).
Provide strategic leadership and direction in the shaping of a renewed vision for digital health and operations. In doing so, work with other leaders and stakeholders to shape a refreshed strategic roadmap to that builds on the current strengths of both GRH and SMGH IT teams, progressively transform the digital operations and capabilities of both organizations and our ability to engage as part of an integrated health system. In providing this leadership, this individual will work with the team to support and utilization of the technology capabilities at the assigned hospitals; ensure that support and needs of the hospitals are achieved on a day-to-day basis; work with the management team to continuous improve and deliver in partnership with internal customers high quality information technology/systems and service that enable both organizations to deliver world class care and work effectively as part of an integrated health system.
- Provide strategic leadership and actively work with the team to develop a renewed strategic roadmap and plan to progressively transform digital health services
- Provide strategic leadership in the continued integration of the IT team between GRH and SMGH and progressive evolution of the governing and operational model for IT
- Develop, lead and execute strategies that drive HIS GRH & SMGH service performance; advance initiatives that facilitate innovation, efficiency and sustainable performance in a complex multi-hospital/site environment.
- Partnership development with internal and external stakeholders
- Collaboration with internal business leaders (clinical and corporate) to ensure alignment of service with stakeholder expectations and needs and enable continued clinical and corporate innovation
- Communicate effectively with GRH & SMGH leaders, as well as external partners including EHR partners, vendors, Ministry, Ontario Health Team(s) and others to ensure that services are delivered consistent with legislative requirements and best practices.
Work with management team to:
- Oversee all technology operations (e.g. network security) and evaluate them according to established goals
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management
- Engage organizational stakeholders as partners to understand and analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology solution needs
- Develop and work with the team to develop an customer experience centric culture and mindset
- Purchase efficient and cost effective technological equipment and software
- Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to upper management
- Lead capital and budget development and management processes for the integrated IT service
- In collaboration with Professional Practice leaders, support efforts to enable clinical standards/standardization through the HIS solution
- Monitor performance, promote and implement Continuous Quality Improvement principles and practices; support and encourage initiatives which maintain and promote professional standards and practices; champion change initiatives to meet Partnership goals and objectives;
- Perform cross-functional and other duties, as assigned and/or requested.
- Travel between Partner sites required
- Master’s degree (e.g. business administration, health administration)
- Minimum 10 to 15 years of progressively responsible strategic leadership roles, including but not limited to information system/informatics and organizational transformation leadership experience preferably in a hospital or health care setting
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in leading in teams in a health care context
- Hospital experience and demonstrated leadership in developing strategies and implementation of innovative integration initiatives
Technical knowledge and experience
- Experience and knowledge of leading and emerging IT delivery and support processes and standards.
- Experience with the Cerner Millennium and Infor suite of products is preferred but not required
Leadership and management
- Inspires a shared vision and aligns performance goals and objectives for team and individuals to ensure match with strategy while maintaining group cohesiveness, motivation, commitment and effectiveness
- Utilizes initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion
- Results and customer oriented work approach to leading teams and delivering value to customers and organizations
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to plan, implement, and manage multiple projects simultaneously within inflexible time frames as well as priority changes.
- Demonstrates strong leadership, and management of teams, fostering a respectful, motivating and supportive environment. Possesses strong facilitation skills
- Applies superior conflict management skills and expertise to persuade and negotiate effective resolution of issues/disputes.
- Fosters collaboration and effective working relationships with stakeholders that promote cooperative goals and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and relationship management skills
- Excellent facilitation, problem solving and analytical skills as well as the ability to lead, coach and mentor others
- Uses sound business acumen to manage the fiscal resources of assigned projects/services in a manner that is financially responsible and consistent with overall goals of the partnership.
- Proven experience in interfacing with external bodies and developing sustainable partnerships to realized share value across multiple partners
- Demonstrable skills and experience with project management techniques, principles and methodologies and ability to coach team members on these skills
Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources or your Recruitment Specialist for assistance.
Grand River Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment.
Grand River Hospital requires all new hires to submit a valid Criminal Record Check that may include a Vulnerable Sector Screen prior to start date.