Job number: J0124-1139
Job title: Human Resources Business Partner
Job Type: Contract
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Number of positions: 1
Contract Duration: until Aug 1, 2025
Date posted: January 22, 2024
Closing date: February 3, 2024
Who we are
We are an organization comprised of industry thought leaders who are passionate about health data and want to make a difference in the health care field. We are an independent, not-for-profit organization and together with our partners we provide essential information on Canada’s health systems, enabling decisions that lead to healthier Canadians. As a valued member of the CIHI team, you and your work will have a pivotal role in the evolution of Canada’s health care systems.
CIHI is recognized as an exceptional place to work that embraces diversity, respect, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Learn about our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and the work being done to create a more inclusive and welcoming organization by focusing on how we learn, govern and practise.
At CIHI, we recognize what matters to our employees. Some of the benefits of working at CIHI include
- HOOPP Pension Plan (Defined Benefits Pension)
- Retirement Planning Program
- Generous vacation days for permanent and long-term contracts
- Work-life balance
- Career Planning Program
- Learning and Professional Development Program
- Flexible benefits program from your first day on the job for permanent and long-term contracts
Why is this role important?
Under the direction of the Manager, HR Advisory and Talent Acquisition the HR Business Partner (HRBP) provides strategic advice and guidance to management regarding all areas of human resources including but not limited to policy interpretation, workforce planning, talent management / recruitment, learning and professional development, performance management and employee relations. The HRBP formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees to ensure that the business receives the appropriate HR services to best meet their business objectives in support of the organization’s strategic plan.
What you’ll do
- Provides strategic advice and guidance to management and staff regarding all areas of HR including but not limited to policy interpretation, workforce planning, talent management / recruitment initiatives, learning and professional development, performance management and employee relations.
- Provides insights and support to HR partners – i.e. recommends solutions to HR Generalists and Recruiters concerning HR program delivery, talent acquisition, and compliance with legislative requirements.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Works with management on employee relations matters and staff performance issues, provides strategic guidance and coaching and makes recommendations related to performance improvement plans and ensures compliance with employment standards. Recommends corrective action using the Employee Discipline Guidelines when employees’ conduct is unsatisfactory or fails to meet CIHI’s expectations.
- Oversees the workforce, talent management and succession plans for assigned client group to ensure effective workforce planning. Provides advice /recommendations to hiring manager and assists in resource planning in compliance with recruitment policies and procedures.
- Researches, recommends and implements assigned HR programs related to Employee Relations, Executive Resourcing and Recruitment, etc. which includes ensuring best practices are followed, completing projects, delivering internal training workshops, revising existing policies or other related work.
- Provides guidance and assistance to managers through the job evaluation process by ensuring that positions to be evaluated have a high quality and comprehensive job description, educating managers on the job evaluation process and facilitating the job evaluation committee meeting specific to the geographical service area.
- Delivers programs in support of the overall HR Initiatives such as: workforce planning, recruitment strategy, learning and professional development, and performance management.
- Develops work plans to support the implementation of HR programs as they relate to HR initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring to the table
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Completion of, or actively working towards, obtaining a Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) required.
- 5 years of relevant and progressive experience working in Human Resources in a complex corporate environment delivering high quality strategic advice regarding employee relations, compensation, HRIS, disability management, and talent acquisition with an emphasis on behavioural based interviewing.
- Strong computer skills; experience using an applicant tracking system and high level proficiency with MS Office suite of tools is required. Experience working with Njoyn and/or Unit4 Business World would be an asset.
- Committed to service excellence and demonstrated success working in an integrated HR client service-delivery team. Experience working in a business partner model is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge and experience working with relevant employment legislation, and knowledge of current industry trends related to human resources.
- Excellent interpersonal, organization and negotiation skills. Strong business acumen with the ability to apply a broader corporate perspective.
- Excellent verbal, written and facilitation communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and complex environment and to work collaboratively in a virtual team
- Fluency in both official languages is an asset.
To find out more about this role and other exciting opportunities visit our website at www.cihi.ca and check out our ‘Careers’ section.
We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At CIHI we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please note the CIHI Recruiting Team uses email to communicate with applicants. Please make sure your profile has an updated email address that is checked regularly, including the junk/spam mail folder, as we send time sensitive emails (i.e. testing and interview bookings).