Job Title: HR Coordinator
Organization: eHealth Centre of Excellence
Location: Kitchener, ON
Job Type: Full-time Contract
The eHealth Centre of Excellence (eCE) develops, implements and advances digital health tools and services to better serve patients and clinicians across Ontario. The eCE advocates for the continued and improved use of technology to enhance the connection and relationship clinicians and patients have with each other and with the Ontario and Regional healthcare system. The eCE meets our goals by supporting the deployment of digital health technologies such as eReferral, eConsult, Virtual Visits, Tablets, EMR best practice tools, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), along with collaborative partnerships with regional and provincial agencies. Critical to the success of eHealth initiatives is working with system partners to support priorities that ensure the best care for patients. The eCE’s founding vision is one of innovation and partnership, with a mission to be the leading, trusted, digital health partner for primary care and integrated patient care.
About the role
The HR Coordinator will play a key role in supporting the day-to-day HR activities for the organization. Reporting to the HR Manager, this individual will provide assistance in functional HR areas and will support organization wide activities. This position will work with the HR Manager and the Corporate Services team to support the success of eCE programs.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with recruitment activities, including writing job descriptions, reviewing applications, completing phone screens, coordinating interviews, and completing reference checks
- Responsible for completion of biweekly payroll
- Support performance review process, including coordination and preparation of ongoing reviews, as well as annual review process
- Prepare and submit new employee benefit applications and facilitate yearly benefit renewal for all eligible employees
- Responsible for updating and maintaining HRIS; employee files; and other records
- Prepare modifications to employment, employment contracts, and other documents as required
- Coordinate onboarding activities for new staff
- Support year end HR and finance processes, including T4 processing and vacation reconciliation
- Provide recommendations for new or updated HR policies and procedures to support the organization
- Respond to HR questions from employees, escalating issues as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources, Business, or a related field
- 1-3 years related work experience
- Completion of or working towards CHRP designation preferred
- Understanding of relevant Human Resources and other legislation and their application to the organization
- Experience with QuickBooks an asset
- Experience with Kronos or other HRIS an asset
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
If this position is of interest to you, please send your cover letter and resume to: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel like you don’t meet all the requirements? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to learn the rest, we encourage you to reach out to us!
The eHealth Centre of Excellence team is a respectful and inclusive workplace. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com for assistance.
The eHealth Centre of Excellence team is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including, 2SLGBTQ-identified persons, persons with disabilities, First Nations, Inuit and Métis individuals, and members of Black and other racialized communities, and individuals who speak languages other than English.
We thank all interested applicants; however, due to the volume of resumes we receive only those selected for an interview will be contacted.