Position Title: Health Informatics Summer Volunteer Position
Organization: Digital Health Canada
Status: Summer Volunteer Position
Closing Date: June 10, 2020
Start Date: Immediate
Why Volunteer with Digital Health Canada?
These positions offer applicants real-time work experience. The positions are created to allow for flexibility, and creativity while using skills and knowledge achieved through formal education. Digital Health Canada launched an online learning platform and these volunteers will help to augment education materials used by the digital health industry.
Overview of the position
We are looking for two dynamic Health Informatics Summer Volunteers with strong analytical abilities, impeccable communication skills, and extensive, proven content writing experience. Reporting to the Manager, Education and Training, and collaborating to develop new, innovative materials for education. This is a ten-week volunteer position for the summer. Scheduling is flexible and based on pre-determined deliverables.
Digital Health Canada supports 2,500+ professional members from a virtual office with all employees working remotely. The successful candidate must be an independent self-starter with excellent time management, problem-solving, and communication skills.
The Health Informatics Summer Volunteer positions will be responsible for leveraging new and existing National, educational resources to develop new education offerings.
- Sourcing information relevant to core health informatics competencies
- Develop and distill content into course materials (e.g. presentations, assessments, handouts etc.)
- Continuously and proactively look for ways to strengthen content development processes
- Focus on digestible, high value, high impact education
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful candidate must be able to hit the ground running and be ready to tackle content writing to deliver two new courses. The Health Informatics Students are passionate about offering value to Digital Health Canada members through quality education products. Candidates must possess:
- Four years of experience writing content or CV with extensive publication/research paper experience
- Current enrollment in a Health Informatics (or relevant) post-secondary degree or diploma program
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with excellent Power Point skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Creativity, flexibility, and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to work with people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial with a proven ability to work independently
- Apply by email before June 10, 2020 to: HR@digitalhealthcanada.com
- Interviews will begin the week of June 8, 2020. Start date is preferably immediate.
To be considered, submissions MUST include the following:
- Email subject line “HI Summer Volunteer”
- Cover letter with assurance of candidate’s ability to work remotely (i.e. private space, wifi, phone)
- Resume/CV with content writing experience/list of publications
Digital Health Canada is a Canadian not-for-profit association with over 2,500 members across the country. Our members are a diverse community of accomplished, influential professionals working to make a difference in advancing healthcare through information technology. Digital Health Canada fosters network growth and connection; brings together ideas from multiple segments for incubation and advocacy; supports members through professional development at the individual and organizational level; and advocates for the Canadian digital health industry.
DIGITAL HEALTH CANADA TEAM VALUES – “We Connect with Intention”
- PRACTICE A GROWTH MINDSET
- TEAMWORK & COLLABORATION – WORK TOGETHER, OWN YOUR WORK
- COMMUNICATE FEARLESSLY & BUILD TRUST
- DARE TO BE DIFFERENT: make an impact and leverage diverse perspectives
- INNOVATE THROUGH EXPERIMENTATION: have an entrepreneurial spirit