Job Title: Full Stack Developer
Job Band: 4
The Full Stack Developer is responsible for the design and implementation of various applications and services including Provincial eForms Service, OntarioMD Health Report Manager and OntarioMD Public Portal. The Full Stack Developer works closely with BA, QA, other developers, Ops and Architects from OntarioMD and its partners to support design and implement solutions for different problems and applications as directed by the department’s objectives.
Working closely with the Manager, Development, your responsibilities will be:
- Full lifecycle application development.
- Design, develop and maintain key front-end and back-end components of the software suites using Angular, Java, SpringBoot, Docker, HL7 FHIR, public and private cloud stack.
- Actively participate in product design reviews by providing creative and practical ideas and solutions in a teamwork environment. A wide degree of creativity and latitude required.
- Assist in establishing “Best Practices” programming standards and development processes.
- Coordinate and participate in code reviews.
- Ensure that proposed and existing systems design is aligned with existing enterprise architectures, organizational goals and objectives.
- By analysing technical specifications, build and implement functionally accurate and modular application programs according to approved design specifications.
- Formulate unit tests to test application software in development to ensure that a program’s functionality matches its specification’s business requirements, and to ensure that the organizations programming standards are followed.
- Regularly coordinate or participate in discussions with the Development and Operations teams to develop maintain applications or enhancements that meet business needs.
- Manage and support the maintenance of systems developed in-house, including “trouble-shooting”, defect, change requests, designing, and implementing sound solutions.
- Provide, maintain, and update technical documentation to reflect new applications or enhancements to existing applications.
- Provide skills transfer or assistance to other OntarioMD team members to improve product quality, performance, and to ensure standards are implemented.
- Coordinate and support the implementation of developed projects for production use.
- Problem-solve and think strategically as part of a team, or individually, to meet the needs of the project
Requirements that are important to us:
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 5 years minimum of web application development and design
- 3+ years of experience in responsive design and SPA application development using Angular, Bootstrap, HTML/CSS/JS, ES6+ and TypeScript
- 2+ years of experience with building REST APIs using Java, SpringBoot, JPA/Hibernate
- Knowledge and experience with OAuth2 and OpenID Connect
- Knowledge and experience with SQL and MS SQL Server
- Experience with source control management systems (Git) and continues integration environments (Azure DevOps or Jenkins)
- Experience with Container (Docker)
- Experience with Cloud Technologies (MS Azure, RedHat OpenShift or similar)
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, functional programming, design and architectural patterns
- Strong experience designing and working with n-tier architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer)
- Understanding of basic waterfall and iterative project management concepts (Agile/Scrum)
- Team-oriented and shows initiative and creativity
- Excellent verbal and written communication and knowledge transfer skills communication and knowledge transfer skills
- Experience with HL7 and FHIR specifications/protocols is an asset
- Experience with web test automation frameworks (Cypress or Selenium) is an asset
Benefits we think you’ll like…..
- Fantastic opportunity to grow within the team and throughout the organization
- Professional development and continuous in-house learning opportunities
- Fun, friendly and dynamic work environment with a passion for digital health
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- Exceptional group benefits package paid by the organization
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to apply online through our careers page by December 5, 2021.
For further information, visit our website at www.ontariomd.ca. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
OntarioMD is an equal opportunity employer and values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. OntarioMD fosters a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths. OntarioMD welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Following the advice of provincial health authorities, to mitigate the risk of the potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire onboarding will be conducted remotely. While we are doing our best to ensure reasonable response times, please expect potential delays during the recruiting process due to the current situation.
OntarioMD does not solicit personal information such as banking information or passport information over social media sites for employment purposes.