Position Title: Event Planner
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: 12-month contract (possibility of moving to full-time)
Location: Work from home in the Greater Toronto Area with monthly meeting in Toronto. (involves some travel)
Closing Date: January 26, 2024 (or until a suitable candidate is found)
Start Date: February 5, 2024 (estimated)
Salary Range: $50,000 – $60,000
You are motivated. You are a self-starter. You enjoy planning and running events with a keen interest in customer needs, event technology and building programs. You are an event professional who has run many events from concept to execution with positive results. You enjoy learning about new event possibilities and strive to ensure your events continue to evolve year after year by bringing your new ideas to the planning.
Overview of the position
Digital Health Canada is looking for an Event Planner with strong communication and collaboration skills, solid organizational skills, and proven event planning experience. The Event Planner will be responsible for sourcing speakers, suppliers, and venues, and working with committees to create event programming. The Event Planner will attend some in-person events over the twelve-month contract and, in some instances, will lead the event. Reporting to the Executive Director, Operations, this is a twelve (12) month full-time contract.
Digital Health Canada is committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity in connection with our vision, mission, values, and pillars. We strive to develop a team that reflects the diversity of the Canadian health ecosystem and the Digital Health Canada member community. We actively welcome nominations and candidates who are Black, Indigenous, LGBTQIA2S+, or living with disability, as well as People of Colour or members of other racialized and marginalized groups.
The Event Planner is responsible for planning and executing events. The Planner will:
- Manage conferences/meetings/special events both virtually and in person
- Liaise directly with staff, committee members, partners and vendors.
- Co-ordinate all logistical aspects of meetings such as: venue selection; source and review vendor contracts; cost projection and budget analysis; online registration/event management; meeting room set-ups; audiovisual requirements; catering arrangements/menu selection; on-site registration; supplier and vendor management; prepare and deliver detailed weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to management and team members.
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful candidate must be able to hit the ground running and be ready to immerse themselves in the Canadian digital health community. The successful Event Planner is passionate about planning and delivering quality events and ensuring a superior member event experience. Candidates should possess the following:
- University or college degree or certificate in Event Planning/Hospitality is an asset
- Minimum of 4-6 years experience in event planning (particular experience with managing multiple events simultaneously)
- Association management experience is considered an asset
- Experience working with volunteer committees
- Experience with web-based event management/registration tools
- Ability to work under time pressure and deal effectively with stress
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Flexibility to work overtime and travel to attend on-site meetings when required
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial with a proven ability to work independently
- Advanced computer skills in MS Word, Excel & Outlook
To be considered, submissions MUST include the following:
- Email subject line “Event Planner.”
- Please attach ONE DOCUMENT with the following: Cover letter with a summary of relevant experience and evidence of the candidate’s ability to work remotely (i.e., private space, Wi-Fi, phone) and Resume
Apply by email before January 26, 2024, to: HR@digitalhealthcanada.com
Interviews will begin as potential suitable candidates are identified. The start date is February 5, 2024.
About Digital Health Canada
Digital Health Canada is a Canadian not-for-profit association with over 7,000 members across the country. Our members are a diverse community of accomplished, influential professionals working to make a difference in advancing healthcare through information technology. Digital Health Canada fosters network growth and connection; brings together ideas from multiple segments for incubation and advocacy; supports members through professional development at the individual and organizational levels; and advocates for the Canadian digital health industry.
Members are supported by the Digital Health Canada National Office team. Together, the team develops and delivers the networking and professional development services that create value for our members: events and webinars, resources, thought leadership, and education and certification. Team members work remotely, collaborating through online chat, virtual conferences, and weekly in-person team meetings in downtown Toronto.
DIGITAL HEALTH CANADA TEAM VALUES – “We Connect with Intention”
1. PRACTICE A GROWTH MINDSET
2. TEAMWORK & COLLABORATION – WORK TOGETHER, OWN YOUR WORK
3. COMMUNICATE FEARLESSLY & BUILD TRUST
4. DARE TO BE DIFFERENT: make an impact and leverage diverse perspectives
5. INNOVATE THROUGH EXPERIMENTATION: have an entrepreneurial spirit