We acknowledge that Providence Health Care & the new St. Paul’s Hospital site are located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Every Providence hospital, residence and clinic is committed to excellence in patient and family-centered care. At Providence Health Care, you will be a part of a diverse environment where all people are valued and respected. With our talented team of employees, you will help us to become a part of the future of health care in British Columbia.
Driven by compassion and social justice, we are at the forefront of exceptional care and innovation. As individuals within a mission-driven organization, many of us feel very close to our “why.” We are committed to social justice, compassionate care, and Truth and Reconciliation with Indigenous Peoples.
Providence Health Care is a proud recipient of:
- 2024 BC’s Top Employers
- 2024 Canada’s Top Employers for Young People
- 2024 Mosaic Employer Recognition Award
Providence Health Care’s new St. Paul’s Hospital Project – IT Program is hiring! We are looking for a Director to lead the Systems & Innovation portfolio for our IT Program.
To learn more about the new hospital project, check us out here.
IT Program Vision: To be a national healthcare reference centre for best practice information technology solutions that enable patients and families, clinical professionals, academics, and research partners to improve the patient care experience.
The IT Program team prioritizes employee growth and learning opportunities. Team members are encouraged to develop career plans and are enabled to attend conferences, pursue certifications, and undertake additional training in line with their career plans. The team works under a hybrid model, with some requirements to maintain a presence at the office and at the construction site and some flexibility to work remotely.
In this position, you will report to Jordan Pope, Executive Director, IT Program, and be joining an exceptional, hardworking team. Jordan leads the team through a strong vision and a wealth of redevelopment expertise.
What We Offer
- The typical hiring range for this position is $140,000 – $160,000 CAD per year.
- A comprehensive health benefit package, including dental, vision, and life coverage.
- An orientation session and comprehensive onboarding to all new hires.
- A chance to grow professionally and personally, as part of a supportive team driven by innovation and the desire to address the future health needs of patients, families, and our communities.
- This position will be required to be in-office at least 50% of the time.
What You Will Do
The Director, Systems & Innovation will be responsible for overseeing the deployment of a number of new clinical solutions (Innovation portfolio), as well as the migration of all existing clinical and business solutions currently used within the existing St. Paul’s Hospital (Clinical and Business Systems portfolios). This role will be required to provide senior level management and leadership, be accountable for planning and implementation of the strategic approach, and liaise with PHC (and other regional) leadership to manage the intersection of NSPH initiatives with other strategic efforts.
The Systems and Innovation portfolios consist of a variety of projects and initiatives including:
- eReferrals and Patient Notifications
- Patient Self-Scheduling and Self-Check in
- Patient Wayfinding
- Care Coordination Centre
- Patient Connected Device
- Wireless Staff Communications
- Digital Patient Status Boards
- Digital Rooms Displays
- Clinical Information Systems, including:
- Intelerad (PACS)
- Sunquest and CoPath (LIS)
- Intrahealth Profile
- PROMIS (Renal)
- and dozens of other speciality solutions
The Director, Systems & Innovation provides leadership, contract negotiation, dispute resolution, and oversight of teams from design through to construction and commissioning, including directing and managing internal and consultant teams. This position ensures the delivery of services to meet the goals, objectives, and strategic directions of the NSPH Project and Providence Health Care. This position also leads and participates in a variety of committees as required and establishes positive working relationships with stakeholders and project team members.
What You Bring
A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Master’s Degree in a relevant subject matter field with more than ten (10) years of experience managing medium to large projects in a complex health care environment in progressively more responsible leadership/administration roles, including experience in complex clinical service re-design and delivery planning, project management, research, issues management and process development, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience with leading teams and engaging stakeholders in a healthcare setting.
- Experience with electronic health record systems, clinical application planning, and data analytics, in a healthcare setting.
- Experience leading system deployments in acute healthcare facility projects.
- Experience with workforce planning including contributing recruitment and retention recommendations, supporting career progression within the team, and identifying ways to balance generalization and specialization within teams.
- Have very strong communication skills with the ability to clearly convey and negotiate complex ideas or contractual interpretations.
- Project Management Professional preferred.
Qualifications / Skills and Education