Job number: J0224-0203
Job title: Director, Specialized Care
Job Type: Contract
Location: Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Number of positions: 1
Contract Duration: until March 2026
Date posted: February 5, 2024
Closing date: February 23, 2024
Who we are
We are an organization comprised of industry thought leaders who are passionate about health data and want to make a difference in the health care field. We are an independent, not-for-profit organization and together with our partners we provide essential information on Canada’s health systems, enabling decisions that lead to healthier Canadians. As a valued member of the CIHI team, you and your work will have a pivotal role in the evolution of Canada’s health care systems.
CIHI is recognized as an exceptional place to work that embraces diversity, respect, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Learn about our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and the work being done to create a more inclusive and welcoming organization by focusing on how we learn, govern and practise.
At CIHI, we recognize what matters to our employees. Some of the benefits of working at CIHI include
- HOOPP Pension Plan (Defined Benefits Pension)
- Retirement Planning Program
- Generous vacation days for permanent and long-term contracts
- Work-life balance
- Career Planning Program
- Learning and Professional Development Program
- Flexible benefits program from your first day on the job for permanent and long-term contracts
Why is this role important?
As a member of the Senior Management Team, the Director, Specialized Care is responsible for strategic leadership and successful execution of initiatives related to the planning, development and ongoing operations of data holdings and information products within the Specialized Care Branch . The Director provides day-to-day oversight of the planning, development, and delivery of functions under their area of responsibility; specifically, providing expertise and leadership in the ongoing Specialized Care programs of work including: Home Care, Long-Term/Continuing Care, Rehabilitation Services, and Hospital-based Mental Health and Substance Use Services.
What you’ll do
- Provides leadership and strategic direction relating to the Branch portfolio. Leads, develops, and mentors managers in the Specialized Care Branch. Accountable for the development and implementation of operational plans and budgets for the Branch programs, aligned to corporate objectives and priorities.
- Monitors the assigned areas of responsibility and identifies health information gaps and opportunities, consults and solicits input from clients and partners, and provides input and advice into strategic and operations planning.
- Maintains data holdings and information products including the management of updates and enhancements. Collaborates with other directors as appropriate. Monitors and maintains the data quality and integrity of assigned products and data holdings.
- Oversees the delivery of products and services, and coordinates the development of orientation, training and ongoing education programs, as appropriate.
- Provides specific analysis and reporting capabilities in key areas of responsibility, consistent with the corporate Analytical Plan and under oversight of the Content Committee.
- Implements project proposals as approved. Provides project updates via the corporate project management system. Works with stakeholders and client advisory groups as required.
- Provides expertise and advice to the Vice-President, Data Strategies and Statistics, Senior Management Committee, Executive Committee, Content Committee, and others as required.
- Establishes and maintains relationships and collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to identify priorities in support of the branch’s vision and develop plans to deliver on them.
- Promotes and markets products and reports in conjunction with the Communications and Client Experience division. Develops and implements communication and marketing strategies.
- Establishes and monitors client relationships and provides client services as requested and appropriate, in partnership with the CIHI Regional offices.
- Leadership Competencies – Strategic Leadership / People Management / Problem Solving and Decision Making / Stakeholder Management / Change Leadership
What you’ll bring to the table
- Postgraduate degree in Health Administration or a health discipline, or related field, with training in quantitative analysis and/or information management an asset. An equivalent combination of related education and experience will be considered.
- Progressive senior management experience in information systems development, management and project management. Experience overseeing analysis and reporting.
- Experience working successfully across teams, convening multiple players and facilitating productive dialogue and problem resolution to identify and achieve common goals.
- Experience developing strategies and successfully delivering business transformation and change in products and processes.
- Knowledge of standards and terminologies, data holdings and information at CIHI and other sources.
- Knowledge of health sector issues and challenges. Strong conceptual understanding of health and its major determinants, as well as the organization and delivery of health services in Canada.
- Demonstrated ability for strategic thinking with the ability to influence and motivate others to bring about change in a manner consistent with the organization’s mission, vision and values.
- An understanding of health service research and health policy.
- Ability to communicate in both official languages is an asset.
- Other: Ability to meet travel requirements within Canada.
To find out more about this role and other exciting opportunities visit our website at www.cihi.ca and check out our ‘Careers’ section.
We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At CIHI we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please note the CIHI Recruiting Team uses email to communicate with applicants. Please make sure your profile has an updated email address that is checked regularly, including the junk/spam mail folder, as we send time sensitive emails (i.e. testing and interview bookings).