Department: Department Government of Yukon, Health & Social Services, Deputy Ministers Office
Location: Whitehorse, YT Y1A 2C6 CA (Primary)
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Salary: $118,365.00 – $162,466.00
AMENDMENT – Extending the closing date to July 29, 2020.
Director, Population and Public Health Evidence and Evaluation
Combine your strategic leadership, partnering and collaboration skills with your population health experience in this new role.
Reporting to the Deputy Minister of Health and Social Services, and in collaboration with the Chief Medical Officer of Health, this position is responsible for leading system planning and research, development of, and reporting against, the Departmental Performance Measurement Framework and building capacity for population and public health evidence, analysis and evaluation across Yukon’s health and social services system. The Director provides leadership in how to apply a population health approach at a systems level and will be a key player in shifting the health and social system to take a population health approach to future system planning and to address key public health priorities.
Through ongoing relationship building, the Director is a key support for the health and social system, including program area staff and care providers, with data gathering, analysis, surveillance, performance measurement and evaluation. In addition, the Director provides supervision and oversight to staff and contractors associated with the work of the Chief Medical Officer of Health (CMOH) in undertaking population and public health assessments and surveillance, tracking health outcomes and risk factors for Yukoners. Priority will be placed on identifying data trends and future interventions for government to take action on to improve the health of designated priority populations’ health, reduce health and social inequities between population groups, and help set health and social services priorities at a system level. This Director role will play a key part in helping us implement the final report from our comprehensive review “Putting People First”, released last month, found here.
If this role interests you, consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
To learn more about beautiful Whitehorse you can click on the link here.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to job description attached below.
For more information about applying to this competition please contact Jan Malfair at Jan.Malfair@gov.yk.ca
What does the Yukon government provide to employees?
You will have access to a variety of learning and development opportunities including in-house training and funding to support further education. Our flexible leave options allow you to balance your personal and professional needs. Our comprehensive rewards package, including our benefit plan, provides for the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Learn more about what we offer.
Since 2014, the Yukon government has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer in Canada.
Follow us on LinkedIn.
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration is based on the information you provide in your submission.
- Master’s degree or higher in Public Health, Health Administration, Public Administration or other related disciplines, combined with management and leadership development training.
- Health and/or public sector management experience, including planning and development of: policies, strategies, projects, and coordinating resources and team members.
- Experience partnering within and across multiple services and organizations to advance policy and practice.
- Experience leading teams in public and/or population health research, data, analysis and evaluation
- Experience with evidence based, data-driven decision making, management and reporting.
- Experience leading strategic planning processes
- Experience communicating with variety of audiences including: preparing reports, technical writing, presentations and media.
- Candidates who have education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above may be equally considered.
Please contact Efirstname.lastname@example.org for any system assistance
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Thinking strategically
- Leading change and innovation
- Demonstrating client focus and valuing client experience and insight
- Demonstrating organizational awareness
- Taking acting and achieving results
- Building relationships, partnering and consensus building
- Promoting common values and ethics
- Modelling interpersonal skills and personal responsibility
These are based on YGs Core Competencies, found here.
- Conditions of employment: Security Clearance, certified copies of degree and professional certification(s) must be submitted prior to hire.
- Job requirements: Travel within and outside of Yukon