Job Title: Director, eServices
Organization: eHealth Centre of Excellence
Location: Kitchener, ON
Job Type: Full-time
The eHealth Centre of Excellence (eCE) develops, implements and advances digital health tools and services to better serve patients and clinicians across Ontario. The eCE advocates for the continued and improved use of technology to enhance the connection and relationship clinicians and patients have with each other and with the Ontario and Regional healthcare system. The eCE meets our goals by supporting the deployment of digital health technologies such as eReferral, eConsult, Virtual Visits, Tablets, EMR best practice tools, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), along with collaborative partnerships with regional and provincial agencies. Critical to the success of eHealth initiatives is working with system partners to support priorities that ensure the best care for patients. The eCE’s founding vision is one of innovation and partnership, with a mission to be the leading, trusted, digital health partner for primary care and integrated patient care.
About the role
Reporting to the VP of People & Corporate Services, the Director of eServices will oversee the eServices program, including leading and fostering growth amongst the team, vendor management, external stakeholder engagement, program budgeting, and reporting. This position is for a leader who shares the same passion to advance patient care, the digital health landscape within Ontario and excels at leading large complex initiatives. The Director of eServices will not only lead regional and provincial initiatives but will also represent eCE as a leading voice in digital health.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with and lead the eServices Central Support team. Foster leadership and growth amongst the team
- Lead and be accountable for the work of the eServices program at eCE
- Provide oversight and direction to project teams
- Manage eServices program budgets, risks and issues, and reporting in accordance with best practice
- Regularly report program updates to eCE Executive team and funders
- Work with eCE Leadership team to negotiate resources and execute eServices activities and strategies in alignment with eCE vision, mission and values
- Support team members in their career path
- Work with system partners to govern eServices and to advance local and provincial priorities
- Liaise with provincial organizations (e.g. Ministry of Health, Ontario Health) to ensure the eServices program is in alignment with provincial and local priorities
- Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external stakeholders to meet or exceed their expectations within organizational parameters
- Develop efficient and suitable strategies to achieve eServices TPA deliverables
- Maintain oversight of agreements between the eServices program and participating partners
- Manage vendor relations including but not limited to contract management, funding and accountabilities of the vendors on behalf of eReferral program participants
- Collaborate and build consensus with external stakeholders to support the development of the eServices management strategy
- Work with provincial and regional leaders to provide recommendation and consultation on policy and issues affecting access to service delivery
- Prepare and maintain program documentation in preparation for audits
- Perform other duties as required
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience, including management of cross functional and multidisciplinary teams, and oversight of information systems and projects in healthcare
- Post-secondary degree in Health Informatics, Information Technology, Business Administration, Leadership or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- Master’s degree an asset
- Project Management Professional certification or equivalent
- Proven track record of successful planning and execution of large, complex change initiatives at the local, regional, and provincial levels
- Knowledge of health information systems, technology, and software
- Knowledge of data privacy and security frameworks, legislation and best practices
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to effectively engage, collaborate, and build partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Strong conflict resolution, facilitation, negotiation and mediation skills with the ability to build consensus across a diverse group of stakeholders
- Prior experience working in a diverse and fluid working environment
- Ability to travel within Ontario as required
If this position is of interest to you, please send your cover letter and resume to: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel like you don’t meet all the requirements? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to learn the rest, we encourage you to reach out to us!
The eHealth Centre of Excellence team is a respectful and inclusive workplace. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com for assistance.
The eHealth Centre of Excellence team is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including, 2SLGBTQ-identified persons, persons with disabilities, First Nations, Inuit and Métis individuals, and members of Black and other racialized communities, and individuals who speak languages other than English.
We thank all interested applicants; however, due to the volume of resumes we receive only those selected for an interview will be contacted.