Job Title: Developer
Organization: eHealth Centre of Excellence
Location: Kitchener, ON
Job Type: Full-time Contract
The eHealth Centre of Excellence (eCE) develops, implements and advances digital health tools and services to better serve patients and clinicians across Ontario. The eCE advocates for the continued and improved use of technology to enhance the connection and relationship clinicians and patients have with each other and with the Ontario and Regional healthcare system. The eCE meets our goals by supporting the deployment of digital health technologies such as eReferral, eConsult, Virtual Visits, Tablets, EMR best practice tools, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), along with collaborative partnerships with regional and provincial agencies. Critical to the success of eHealth initiatives is working with system partners to support priorities that ensure the best care for patients. The eCE’s founding vision is one of innovation and partnership, with a mission to be the leading, trusted, digital health partner for primary care and integrated patient care.
About the role
The Developer will play a key role in the successful implementation and adoption of digital health technologies. This role is accountable for the design, build, maintenance and support of automated processes. The successful candidate will deliver automated solutions that adhere to timelines and the design, development and deployment.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Design automated process solutions in accordance with standard design principles.
- Identify new process opportunities.
- Ensure business needs are understood and design solutions meet business requirements.
- Create, review and maintain automated solution documentation.
- Create and document test procedures and scenarios for the pre-UAT phases.
- Support existing automated processes and implement change requirements as part of a structured change control process.
- Problem solve issues that arise in day to day running of automated processes and provide timely solutions.
- Work within project planning constraints and communicate any identified project risks and issues.
- Obtain and maintain automation platform accreditation.
- Provide information technology and workflow support to clinicians to optimize practice efficiencies.
- Work with the program team in the execution of work plans and activities to support project implementation.
- Provide support and guidance on various Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and other digital health technology issues and tool development.
- Make recommendations regarding a broad range of Quality Improvement initiatives, including the development of tools for future EMR enhancements.
- Facilitate meetings to direct/coordinate the program team, give direction on project work, and receive updates on project status.
- Be an active and visible coach to clinicians and stakeholders, create and enable reinforcement mechanisms and celebrations of successes.
- Work with organizations and the program team to create workflows and manage measurement systems to track adoption, utilization and proficiency of individual changes.
- Identify performance gaps, and work to develop and implement corrective actions.
- Apply a structured change management approach and methodology for the “people side of change,” resulting from projects and change efforts.
- Incorporate adoption and change management strategies based on situational awareness of the details of the change and the groups being impacted.
- Conduct implementation activities, document lessons learned and present findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in Information Technology, Information Management, Computer Science and/or an equivalent education and experience
- Experience with Microsoft Technologies (Visual Studio, Windows, SQL Server, Web Services, Azure, TFS)
- Experience with robotic process automation software such as UiPath and/or Blueprism an asset
- Solid understanding of workflow-based logic and the ability to both understand a business process from a workflow diagram and to conceptualize it as an automated solution
- Previous experience with enabling technologies and digital health within Ontario, including a solid understanding of electronic medical records (EMRs)
- Knowledge and experience developing and building tools in EMRs
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an eHealth or health care capacity (Primary Care experience an asset)
- A solid understanding of clinical processes
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Able to work effectively with a diverse group of clinical and non-clinical stakeholders in diverse organizations
- Excellent active listening and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to pay attention to detail
If this position is of interest to you, please send your cover letter and resume to: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel like you don’t meet all the requirements? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to learn the rest, we encourage you to reach out to us!
The eHealth Centre of Excellence team is a respectful and inclusive workplace. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com for assistance.
The eHealth Centre of Excellence team is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including, 2SLGBTQ-identified persons, persons with disabilities, First Nations, Inuit and Métis individuals, and members of Black and other racialized communities, and individuals who speak languages other than English.
We thank all interested applicants; however, due to the volume of resumes we receive only those selected for an interview will be contacted.