Job Title: Contracts Specialist
Organization: eHealth Centre of Excellence
Location: Kitchener, ON
Job Type: Full-time
The eHealth Centre of Excellence (eCE) develops, implements, and advances digital health tools and services – such as eReferral, eConsult, Virtual Care, Online Appointment Booking, Patient Forms, EMR Tools, and Automated Solutions – to better serve clinicians and patients across the province. We advocate for the continued and improved use of technology to enhance the connection and secure information-sharing between all clinicians in the patient’s circle of care, as well as communication between clinicians and their patients. We also support clinicians with tools that provide decision support at the point of care and improve data quality, leading to enhanced outcomes for patients.
The eCE works collaboratively with system partners, regional and provincial agencies, Ontario Health Teams, clinicians, and patients to support priorities that ensure equitable, seamless care for all residents in Ontario, and co-leads two provincial programs: the Ontario eServices Program and Evidence2Practice (E2P) Ontario. Our founding vision is one of innovation and partnership, and our mission is to be the leading, trusted digital health partner for primary care and integrated patient care.
About the role
Reporting to the Program Director, the Contracts Specialist will support the achievement of eCE’s strategic vision and objectives by leading contract management work and operational projects under the realm of procurement and business operations. The work of a Contracts Specialist is inherently cross-functional. With regular collaboration with Executive Leadership, Operations, and other program streams, the Contracts Specialist will manage and refine contracts, agreements, and vendor management policies and practices, and ensure business operations are in adherence with applicable legislative and contractual requirements.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the Contract Management Process at the eCE including review and editing of all contracts prior to execution
- Manage and track agreements, including contract negotiations, agreement tracking and review, and contractual amendments
- Manage the Contract Management Software, Agiloft
- Provide coverage and support to competitive procurement initiatives
- Lead and manage operational project initiatives in accordance with defined scope, schedule, and budget
- Provide oversight of office management
- Manage internal procurement processes for the eCE
- Managing, creating, and updating policies and process related to contract management and operational work
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal team and external stakeholders (i.e. service providers, vendors, and consultants) to ensure achievement of company initiatives and business requirements are clearly understood and met
- Evaluate vendor performance against agreed service levels and ensure the prompt and thorough resolution/escalation of performance issues, understanding and managing risks associated vendors
- Support risk management, including maintaining and reporting the corporate risk tracker
- Work with the Corporate Services team to ensure organization operations are running efficiently and effectively
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in Health Informatics, Information Technology, Information Management, Business or related field
- Training in Contract Management, Procurement, or Supply Chain Management an asset
- Minimum of 2 years of contract management or coordination experience
- Experience with Agiloft an asset
- Previous experience in a Broader Public Sector organization an asset
- Previous digital health experience in Ontario at the provincial, regional, or HSP levels an asset
- Experience with Intellectual Property in the healthcare sector an asset
- Previous experience managing a contract management database or software an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with business stakeholders to achieve project goals
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated experience quickly building and maintaining effective and productive working relationships in complex, multi-stakeholder healthcare environments
- Ability to work in a diverse and fluid working environment, recognizing that different opinions and backgrounds can bring strength to the tasks at hand
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, identify issues, and respond with solutions
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Some travel required
If this position is of interest to you, please send your cover letter and resume to: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel like you don’t meet all the requirements? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to learn the rest, we encourage you to reach out to us!
The eHealth Centre of Excellence team is a respectful and inclusive workplace. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com for assistance.
The eHealth Centre of Excellence team is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including, 2SLGBTQ-identified persons, persons with disabilities, First Nations, Inuit and Métis individuals, and members of Black and other racialized communities, and individuals who speak languages other than English.
We thank all interested applicants; however, due to the volume of resumes we receive only those selected for an interview will be contacted.