Job Title: Consultant and Program Assistant – Innovation, Design & Workforce Analytics
Organization: Workforce Edge
Location: Regina, SK/Vancouver, BC/Montreal, QC
Job Type: Permanent Full-time
Make a difference!
Workforce Edge helps our healthcare clients implement effective staff scheduling practices. Over 70% of healthcare budgets are spent on staffing, and organizations depend on having an engaged and skilled workforce to deliver quality patient care for all Canadians. Our projects improve the working life for employees and reduce the cost of delivering care.
We are looking for a Program Assistant who is preferably bilingual (English/French) and has past experience working on creative projects that require sound analytical support and innovative design. We work in scheduling for a 24/7 workforce and are involved in the HR/LR aspects of staff scheduling. The ideal candidate could have past positions as a scheduler, scheduling clerk, scheduling analyst, workforce analyst, or similar positions in HR or workforce planning in industries such as health care, airlines, manufacturing, or IT. We need a team member who is a magician with Excel and the Microsoft Office Suite, and we also prefer our ideal candidate to have Power BI and or Tableau in their back pocket.
The Workforce Edge Team
We have always been a remote team, and most days will be spent working at your home office, connecting with consultants across Canada and with client contacts by phone, email, and online meetings. Your normal activities will be to analyze client payroll and schedule data and prepare tables and charts, contribute to reviews of schedules and scheduling practices, design and QA schedules, support business process improvements, and prepare draft reports and presentations. You will also contribute to continuous improvements of our tools and methodologies.
Attendance at internal and client meetings by telephone/online meeting will be required daily to clarify data, present and review draft deliverables, record client input, and support senior consultants by documenting discussion items and action items. Occasionally, you will travel to client sites, working with senior consultants to record the results of interviews and focus groups, support process design, training and implementation activities, and participate in other on-site meetings and activities. On average, business travel is 3-4 days duration and most consultants complete between 4-10 trips per year (although during the COVID pandemic, we are not requiring travel to client sites).
If this position interests you
Please send your CV and a cover letter in English that includes the following:
- Your experience with scheduling, the difficulties encountered and the proposed solutions.
- If you have ever worked with a scheduling software system, please describe this system and its main functions.
- If you have experience working from home and how you like to organize your work to stay productive in a home office environment.
Skills required for this position:
- Excel – pivot tables, charts, conditional formatting, formula and programming, data cleanup functions – Over the top and innovating
- Word – formatting using styles – Excellent
- Microsoft Outlook, Power Point – Very Good
- Visio – Nice to Have
- Power BI and/ or Tableau – Nice to Have
- Business Analysis – business processes, system requirements – Nice to Have
- Project / team coordination & administrative support – Nice to Have
- Work from home office – Required
- Business travel – Occasional (4-10 trips per year)
We will respond to all qualified applicants, but please be patient as it may take time to review your application. Only qualified candidates will move forward with the recruiting process which will include interviews, Excel skills testing, and reference checks.