The eHealth Centre of Excellence (eCE) develops, implements and advances digital health tools and services to better serve patients and clinicians across Ontario. The eCE advocates for the continued and improved use of technology to enhance the connection and relationship clinicians and patients have with each other and with the Ontario and Regional healthcare system. The eCE meets our goals by supporting the deployment of digital health technologies such as eReferral, eConsult, Virtual Visits, Tablets, EMR best practice tools, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), along with collaborative partnerships with regional and provincial agencies. Critical to the success of eHealth initiatives is working with system partners to support priorities that ensure the best care for patients. The eCE’s founding vision is one of innovation and partnership, with a mission to be the leading, trusted, digital health partner for primary care and integrated patient care.
About the role
Reporting to the VP of People and Corporate Services, the Communications Specialist will provide communications support to the Communications Leads for the eCE and the Ontario eServices Program. Social media and website management are two of the main responsibilities of this role. The incumbent will also support the change management team and program deployment teams with their communication needs. This includes developing communications plans, providing direction and guidance with respect to communication materials, and developing collateral that is visually appealing and brand compliant. This position requires an enthusiastic and motivated individual who has a passion for communication in all its forms. The successful applicant will have an eye for detail, the ability to meet deadlines, and be able to manage multiple projects.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- With support from the Communication Leads, develop strategic communications plans to enable program success
- Develop communication materials including but not limited to: social media content, marketing material (e.g., one-pagers), newsletter/magazine articles, presentations, web content, brochures, bulletins, and surveys
- Create, manage, and disseminate communication plans, common messaging templates, and communication materials for use across delivery partners
- Work with various teams to ensure an integrated and consistent communications strategy and to ensure that all communication and documents are in alignment with program standards and guidelines
- Plan and coordinate appropriate internal/external speaking opportunities and community display/exhibit opportunities and evaluate results
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree in Communications, Public Relations or related discipline
- Three years experience working in Communications, including experience managing social media
- A keen eye for design which can be applied to visual communications pieces (e.g., infographics)
- Experience using graphic design software is an asset
- Experience in Healthcare or Not-for-Profit is an asset
- Sound knowledge, understanding, and application of communications concepts, strategies, and technical skills required in planning, execution, and evaluation of communications plans for internal and external audiences
- Proficiency in the use of business application software including related website, social media, and word processing software
- Demonstrated ability to plan and write a broad range of documents and an ability to translate complex ideas and concepts into readable copy
- Ability to work in a diverse and fluid working environment recognizing that different opinions and backgrounds can bring strength to the tasks at hand
- Demonstrated experience quickly building and maintaining effective and productive working relationships in complex, multi-stakeholder healthcare environments
- Demonstrated experience working on projects related to health informatics at the regional and provincial level is an asset
- Demonstrated experience organizing and maintaining effective project documentation
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability in managing competing priorities and meeting tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
If this position is of interest to you, please send your cover letter and resume to: Human Resources at email@example.com
Feel like you don’t meet all the requirements? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to learn the rest, we encourage you to reach out to us!
The eHealth Centre of Excellence team is a respectful and inclusive workplace. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
The eHealth Centre of Excellence team is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including, 2SLGBTQ-identified persons, persons with disabilities, First Nations, Inuit and Métis individuals, and members of Black and other racialized communities, and individuals who speak languages other than English.
We thank all interested applicants; however, due to the volume of resumes we receive only those selected for an interview will be contacted.