Position Title: Clinical Information Systems Manager
Organization: Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital and ErinoakKids Centre for Treatment and Development
Location: Toronto, ON
Requisition Number: MAN-20-00003
Status: Regular Full-time
Rate: Grade 8A ($46.09/hr to $57.75/hr)
The Clinical Information Systems Manager is responsible for coordinating, implementing, upgrading/updating and evaluating new and existing clinical information systems. The successful manager will have outstanding communication, organizational, analytical and management skills and is highly detail oriented. The manager will ensure clinical information systems enhance clinical practice for the betterment of client and family centered care provided at Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital and ErinoakKids Centre for Treatment and Development.
- Overall day to day management of clinical information systems including Meditech
- First point of vendor escalation for all clinical information systems (e.g., Meditech) including afterhours escalation
- Manages the performance of supervisors and application team members across both Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital and ErinoakKids Centre for Treatment and Development including: creation and approval of on-call schedule, vacations, attendance and sick time management and performance reviews.
- Manages daily activities of the applications team and facilitates regular staff meetings
- Manages department payroll processes
- Provides direction to the application team in support of business operations and Meditech Expanse build and planning.
- Lead Clinical Systems operations including managing Meditech Expanse change and build requests, preparing content for Meditech meetings, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources
- Liaise and collaborate with ErinoakKids management team on a regular basis
- Ensure that applications meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues
- Review and analyze existing applications effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems
- Evaluate, new clinical applications, systems software, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise
- Ensure that any new software integration into Holland Bloorview and ErinoakKids’ systems meet functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications
- Provide hands on project management & clinical systems management including authoring documents, checklists and communication plans for clinical application enhancements and upgrades
- Liaise with software vendor’s for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies
- Oversee communication, training and documentation plans for end users
- Ensures that the clinical systems are implemented correctly and comply with all Ministry guidelines
- Serves as the prime clinical contact for all service issues related to all Clinical Information Systems
- Organizes and conducts interdepartmental meetings between departments/program/services providing a forum for raising new issues and resolving old issues.
- Responds to emerging trends in IS technology to support organizational strategic and operating plans
- Proactively identifies potential system problems
- Authorizes changes to our Meditech system once investigation and testing have been completed
- Prepares materials and agenda for Meditech Expanse Change Control meetings and helps guide prioritization process
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- At least 3-5 years direct experience managing clinical applications preferably in a hospital environment. Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development and implementation of clinical software solutions
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Extensive Experience with Meditech Clinical Information Systems preferably Meditech Expanse
- 5-7 years of IT implementation experience in a hospital environment
- Strong project management and change management experience within hospitals
- Knowledge of data privacy practices and laws
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented and able to track multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong leadership abilities (independent and collaborative).
- Well-developed ability to identify, evaluate and escalate issues based on sound judgment