Job Title: Chief Project Officer – Advancing Care Electronically
Organization: Interior Health
Job Type: Permanent Full-time
CPHIMS-CA Required? No
Domain: Clinical & Health Services
Bring your superior project management and change management experience to this exciting leadership position. If you are a seasoned leader with exceptional interpersonal skills and experience successfully leading multiple large scale projects then don’t miss this incredible opportunity as Chief Project Officer.
The Chief Project Officer, Advancing Care Electronically position is responsible for planning, directing and implementing a major digital health transformation project encompassing advanced clinical information systems modules across Interior Health’s hospitals and long-term care facilities. As part of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) leadership team, the Chief Project Officer (CPO), Advancing Care Electronically (ACE) develops strategies and plans to digitally enable healthcare delivery. The CPO, ACE, will work in a triad leadership with the Medical Director, Digital Health and Informatics, Acute Care and Clinical Director, Digital Health. The triad partnership works to advance the development and adoption of a fully interoperable electronic health record and digital workflows. The CPO, ACE position will utilize strong project management, stakeholder engagement, and change management competencies to successfully oversee and manage this key transformation initiative.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Directs and oversees project strategy and deliverables for major digital health projects through a multi-disciplinary project team, project governance, and project management office to ensure the project management plan is implemented to deliver project objectives within the approved schedule and budget.
2. Directs overall project management office functions for all aspects of the Advancing Care Electronically major capital project across Interior Health: planning, stakeholder engagement, secretariat for project governance, clinical content design and build, technical readiness, and site activation.
3. Develops and manages the relationship with MEDITECH, contracted resources, and technology providers for the implementation of the ACE project.
4. Manages and mitigates risk during all project phases through the development of contingency plans and mitigating strategies. Responsible for all financial, legal and operational aspects of the project.
5. Maintains strong relationships with IH clinical leaders, and provincial colleagues to collaborate, leverage knowledge and tools, and apply lessons learned from other projects. Participates on provincial committees as required.
6. Reports on project status and issues to ACE project governance, IH Senior Executive, and IH Board, and Ministry of Health.
7. Manages multi-disciplinary project teams with diverse expertise and competing interests to build cohesion, consensus, and commitment for achieving project objectives. Transparently makes decisions and manages trade-offs. Oversees large implementation teams at sites to ensure readiness for go-live and ongoing operations.
8. Keep abreast of clinical informatics, digital health, technology, and project management trends to improve and adapt methods and approaches for the ACE project.
9. Interviews and selects leadership positions for the ACE Project. Determines the staff complement for work groups and project functions to meet project objectives. Evaluates staff work performance. Responsible for the selection, evaluation, disciplining and, if necessary, terminations of staff.
10. Mentors staff to optimize performance. Establishes and monitors work targets for team members.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Masters degree in Business Administration, Health Informatics, or related discipline or an equivalent combination of experience and post-secondary education.
• PMP designation or equivalent.
• 10-15 years of senior leadership experience in information systems management, clinical informatics, and large scale implementations. Experience with MEDITECH Expanse is highly desirable.
• Experience with overseeing the development of complex project plans, risk assessments, and has had direct oversight over large complex project implementations in digital health.
• Proven track record of managing competing priorities and requirements to achieve high quality outcomes; meeting stakeholder expectations; benefits realization; fiscal management; and schedule management.
• Experience with successfully managing multi-disciplinary teams and transformational change initiatives.
• Experience building communication and public relations plans and strategies.
• Understanding of the Lean design & evidenced based design concepts will be an asset.