North York General Hospital (NYGH) is a community academic hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto, accredited with exemplary status by Accreditation Canada. It is one of Canada’s leading community hospitals, recently ranked the #2 hospital in Canada by Newsweek. Proudly serving 500,000+ residents in North Central Toronto, and offering a broad continuum of integrated primary, secondary and selected tertiary services, NYGH operates 600+ acute and long-term care beds and ambulatory programs across multiple sites. Through partnerships, collaboration and academic endeavours, NYGH seeks to set new standards for innovative, integrated patient-and family-centred care. NYGH is committed to building on their academic mission through exceptional education, research and innovation. The Hospital continues to advance excellence in care while ensuring fiscal accountability and efficiency.
Reporting to the Vice President, Strategy, Integration and Digital Health, the new Chief Digital Officer (CDO) will provide strategic leadership for NYGH’s digital, information technology, clinical informatics and biomedical engineering portfolios. In this newly created role, the CDO will build on NYGH’s recognition as a national health system leader in the integration and use of innovative health information technology and clinical informatics by spearheading new digital and technology solutions that transform the way the organization works and provide connected care to the communities served. The CDO will also play a key leadership role in advancing digital solutions and optimizing health system innovation through NYGH’s partnership with the North York Toronto Health Partners (Ontario Health Team) and other health system providers in NYGH’s journey towards a new chapter of digital health innovation.
Key leadership initiatives for the new CDO will be to:
- Facilitate the development of a 2020–2025 digital and technology strategy and implementation roadmap aligned to the new NYGH strategic plan.
- Work in partnership with the Strategy Office, Chief Medical Information Officer and clinicians to develop partnerships and plans to implement and optimize virtual care solutions across NYGH and beyond.
- Build on NYGH’s leading reputation in the integration and use of innovative health information technology by working with the Chief Medical Information Officer and senior leaders to develop a vision/plan for continued leadership in the adoption of digital solutions and technology to support and advance patient-centred and population health initiatives.
- Provide leadership to the North York Toronto Health Partners (Ontario Health Team) in the development and implementation of digital solutions to advance integrated care and improve health outcomes.
- Continue the development of NYGH’s best-in-class customer service model, advancing a one team approach in the delivery of digital solutions, IT, clinical informatics and biomedical engineering, with a focus on customer centeredness, responsiveness, efficiency and collaboration.
- Review the capacity and robustness of the IT infrastructure, with a focus on cybersecurity, and plan for anticipated growth to ensure high availability, performance and future orientation of all services and systems.
- Work in partnership with clinical, business intelligence and research leaders to advance a learning health system approach to quality improvement and innovation in the way NYGH serves its community.
NYGH requires an accomplished, respected, entrepreneurial, senior-level digital innovator and technology leader that has a passion for health care and who can excel in a large, complex, multi-stakeholder environment. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record in advancing innovative leading-edge digital solutions, developing public and private sector partnerships and ensuring successful, large-scale health care information technology (IT) system implementation, executive-level leadership and project governance, transformational change management, team building and coordinated execution.Further, the CDO will embody excellence in customer service, commitment to high quality communications and stakeholder engagement. Bilingualism in French/English would be an asset.
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please email your resume or query, quoting the appropriate position title, to Judy Mandelman, at email@example.com.
This position supports the hospital’s academic mandate by advancing care through teaching and learning and/or transforming care through research and innovation. This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for patients, staff, physicians, volunteers and families.
For more information about NYGH, please visit nygh.on.ca