Job Title: Change Management Specialist
Organization: eHealth Centre of Excellence
Location: Kitchener, ON
Job Type: Full-time
The eHealth Centre of Excellence (eCE) develops, implements, and advances digital health tools and services – such as eReferral, eConsult, Virtual Care, Online Appointment Booking, Patient Forms, EMR Tools, and Automated Solutions – to better serve clinicians and patients across the province. We advocate for the continued and improved use of technology to enhance the connection and secure information-sharing between all clinicians in the patient’s circle of care, as well as communication between clinicians and their patients. We also support clinicians with tools that provide decision support at the point of care and improve data quality, leading to enhanced outcomes for patients.
The eCE works collaboratively with system partners, regional and provincial agencies, Ontario Health Teams, clinicians, and patients to support priorities that ensure equitable, seamless care for all residents in Ontario, and co-leads two provincial programs: the Ontario eServices Program and Evidence2Practice (E2P) Ontario. Our founding vision is one of innovation and partnership, and our mission is to be the leading, trusted digital health partner for primary care and integrated patient care.
About the role
The eCE’s eServices Program is currently working with Ontario Health and partners in the hospital sector to advance the deployment and adoption of eReferral. This work is advancing through the integration of Ocean eReferral with existing clinical information systems.
Reporting to the Manager, Change Management and eServices Operations, the Change Management Specialist will be responsible for working with hospital stakeholders to support their adoption of eReferral solutions and the interoperability of eReferral with legacy clinical information systems. This support will include adapting existing clinical workflows and developing training materials and change management strategies.
The Change Management Specialist will build relationships with internal and external resources, effectively communicate with stakeholders, including expectation management, providing status updates, completing formal reporting and attending meetings, and report regularly on any issues and progress to leadership.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for liaising with hospital stakeholders on the workflow aspects of their integration projects and helping eServices regional deployment teams in supporting their hospital stakeholders
- Liaising and communicating with the eServices integrations team and external stakeholders (e.g., clinical partners, vendors, etc.) and ensuring expectations are communicated in a clear and effective manner
- Facilitating change management discussions with stakeholders
- Being involved in central intake planning conversations
- Working collaboratively with the regional deployment teams on developing communications and training materials to support integrations
- Working with hospital sites and regional deployment teams to facilitate the eReferral forms development process
- Facilitating high level training for the regional deployment teams and hospital Project Managers (PMs) as required so all parties are familiar with eReferral workflows
- Sourcing or developing any workflow videos as part of user training as required
- In collaboration with the Deployment Teams and hospital PMs, planning and collaboratively supporting Change Management Specialist training sessions
- Participating in post-implementation support planning sessions
- Assess risks, issues, open items, and concerns, and assist in the development and deployment of mitigation strategies
- Work with clinical partners to identify workflows, clinical value propositions, and business requirements in the context of technology initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in Health Informatics, Information Technology, Information Management, Public or Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 years’ experience in a healthcare or digital health capacity
- Change Management certification an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of hospital information systems, other technologies, and software
- Demonstrated involvement in large-scale change management project(s)
- Previous digital health experience in Ontario at the local, regional, or provincial level
- Demonstrated experience working with hospitals and vendors
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with stakeholders to achieve project goals
- Demonstrated experience quickly building and maintaining effective and productive working relationships in complex, multi-stakeholder healthcare environments
- Ability to work in a diverse and fluid working environment, recognizing that different opinions and backgrounds can bring strength to the tasks at hand
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, identify issues and respond with solutions
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to travel within Ontario as required
If this position is of interest to you, please apply via our Careers Website.
Feel like you don’t meet all the requirements? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to learn the rest, we encourage you to reach out to us!
The eHealth Centre of Excellence team is a respectful and inclusive workplace. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
The eHealth Centre of Excellence team is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including, 2SLGBTQ-identified persons, persons with disabilities, First Nations, Inuit and Métis individuals, and members of Black and other racialized communities, and individuals who speak languages other than English.
We thank all interested applicants; however, due to the volume of resumes we receive only those selected for an interview will be contacted.