The eHealth Centre of Excellence (eCE) develops, implements and advances digital health tools and services to better serve patients and clinicians across Ontario. The eCE advocates for the continued and improved use of technology to enhance the connection and relationship clinicians and patients have with each other and with the Ontario and Regional healthcare system. This initiative is supported by the deployment of digital health technologies such as Electronic Health Records, eReferral, eConsult, Virtual Visits, Tablets, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), along with collaborative partnerships with regional and provincial agencies. Critical to the success of eHealth initiatives is working with system partners to support priorities that ensure the best care for patients. The eCE’s founding vision is one of innovation and partnership, with a mission to be the leading, trusted, digital health partner for primary care and integrated patient care.
About the role
The Change Management Specialist will play a key role in the successful implementation and adoption of digital health technologies. By applying a structured change management approach and methodology, the Change Management Specialist will apply their technical skills to conduct implementation activities to support clinicians in a variety of settings in the community. The individual selected will need to build and support numerous stakeholder relationships as a vital part of the Change Management mandate at the eHealth Centre of Excellence. This position will work to integrate change management and adoption activities into several eHealth Centre of Excellence programs.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Apply a structured change management approach and methodology for the “people side of change,” resulting from projects and change efforts
- Provides quality improvement supports to primary care clinicians and organizations to optimize the use of EMRs
- Ensure the alignment of change management activities with participating health service providers, to smooth the adoption process and contribute to problem solving resulting in successful implementation
- Incorporate adoption and change management strategies based on situational awareness of the details of the change and the groups being impacted
- Conduct implementation activities, document lessons learned and present findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner
- Be an active and visible coach to clinicians and stakeholders
- Work with organizations and the program team to create workflows and manage measurement systems to track adoption, utilization and proficiency of individual changes
- Identify resistance and performance gaps, and work to develop and implement corrective actions
- Create and enable reinforcement mechanisms and celebrations of successes
- Work with the program team in the execution of work plans and activities to support project implementation
- Work with system partners to remove barriers to change
- Provide workflow and change management support to clinicians to help embed these tools into existing and new processes
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an eHealth or health care capacity
(Primary Care experience an asset)
- Post-secondary education in a Healthcare related field, Information Technology, Information Management, and/or an equivalent education and experience
- Previous experience with enabling technologies and digital health within Ontario, including a solid understanding of electronic medical records (EMRs)
- A solid understanding of clinical processes
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Able to work effectively with a diverse group of clinical and non-clinical stakeholders in diverse organizations
- Excellent active listening and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to pay attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience developing and building tools in EMRs an asset
- Change Management Professional designation an asset
- Travel within Ontario may be required
If this position is of interest to you, please send your cover letter and resume to: Human Resources at email@example.com
Applications will be considered up until September 3, 2021.
Feel like you don’t meet all the requirements? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to learn the rest, we encourage you to reach out to us!
The eHealth Centre of Excellence team is a respectful and inclusive workplace. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
The eHealth Centre of Excellence team is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including, 2SLGBTQ-identified persons, persons with disabilities, First Nations, Inuit and Métis individuals, and members of Black and other racialized communities, and individuals who speak languages other than English.
We thank all interested applicants; however, due to the volume of resumes we receive only those selected for an interview will be contacted.