Job Title: Change Management & Engagement Lead
Organization: eHealth Centre of Excellence
Location: Kitchener, ON
Job Type: Full-time
The eHealth Centre of Excellence (eCE) develops, implements, and advances digital health tools and services – such as eReferral, eConsult, Virtual Care, Online Appointment Booking, Patient Forms, EMR Tools, and Automated Solutions – to better serve clinicians and patients across the province. We advocate for the continued and improved use of technology to enhance the connection and secure information-sharing between all clinicians in the patient’s circle of care, as well as communication between clinicians and their patients. We also support clinicians with tools that provide decision support at the point of care and improve data quality, leading to enhanced outcomes for patients.
The eCE works collaboratively with system partners, regional and provincial agencies, Ontario Health Teams, clinicians, and patients to support priorities that ensure equitable, seamless care for all residents in Ontario, and co-leads two provincial programs: the Ontario eServices Program and Evidence2Practice (E2P) Ontario. Our founding vision is one of innovation and partnership, and our mission is to be the leading, trusted digital health partner for primary care and integrated patient care.
About the role
The Change Management & Engagement Lead will work as a member of the eServices Program Team and the broader eCE Change Management and Engagement team. They will play a key role in supporting regional deployment teams in collaborating with clinicians to successfully implement and adopt eServices within their communities. They will apply adult education, training and facilitation and coaching skills, along with eServices deployment technical skills. This individual will need to build and maintain strong relationships with numerous stakeholders in support of a vital component of the eServices mandate at the eHealth Centre of Excellence.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- The Change Management & Engagement Lead provides the voice of the clinician to eServices work related to clinical adoption of digital health solutions and adoption of new workflow processes and solution optimization
- Provides clinical support to deployment team members regarding eServices clinical workflow analysis, design, and troubleshooting, including optimizing the use of eServices solutions within primary care and specialist practices
- Applies a structured approach to supporting clinical engagement and adoption focused on enhancing and supporting the clinician and patient experience in the health care system
- Is an active, visible, and accessible coach and subject matter expert to the eServices Team and its regional deployment teams
- Works with vendors to articulate and co-design clinical workflows and optimize solutions’ efficacy
- Provides consistent communication and is an active and visible liaison for stakeholders
- Works with product vendors to enhance solution functionality in alignment with clinical needs
- Works with the Knowledge Translation and Evaluation Team and the regional deployment teams to support reporting requirements
- Works with the eServices regional deployment teams to understand and support the clinical workflows of participants and identify gaps and additional solution requirements and opportunities
- Works with the eServices regional deployment teams to support their efforts to provide workflow and support to clinicians to help embed these tools into existing and new processes
- Provide input into regular status reporting to eServices Leadership and Ontario Health
- Conducts implementation activities, documents lessons learned, and presents findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner
- Identifies resistance and performance gaps, reports risks and issues, and works to develop and implement mitigation and corrective actions
- Creates and enables reinforcement mechanisms and celebrations of successes
- Works with the eServices team and regional deployment teams in the execution of workplans and activities to support clinical implementation and adoption of digital health solutions
- Other duties as assigned
- Current professional clinical designation
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a digital health or health care capacity
- Change Management certification an asset
- Previous experience working with enabling technologies and digital health within Ontario, including electronic medical records (EMRs)
- A solid understanding of clinical processes and workflows
- Effective communication skills (written and oral)
- Able to work effectively with a diverse group of clinical and non-clinical stakeholders in a variety of health service organizational settings
- Able to lead co-design sessions related to clinical workflows and solution development
- Ability to work in a diverse and fluid working environment, recognizing that different opinions and backgrounds can bring strength to the tasks at hand
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, identify issues and respond with solutions
- Excellent active listening and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to travel within Ontario as required
If this position is of interest to you, please apply via our Careers Website.
Feel like you don’t meet all the requirements? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to learn the rest, we encourage you to reach out to us!
The eHealth Centre of Excellence team is a respectful and inclusive workplace. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com for assistance.
The eHealth Centre of Excellence team is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including, 2SLGBTQ-identified persons, persons with disabilities, First Nations, Inuit and Métis individuals, and members of Black and other racialized communities, and individuals who speak languages other than English.
We thank all interested applicants; however, due to the volume of resumes we receive only those selected for an interview will be contacted.